ABplus and ram

A.S.

BugSir007 replied at 2015-2-11 10:33 back.gif

Hi A.S.

Sorry for the inconvenience.

Actually ABP needs more RAM. Same as ABP extension for Chrome. ...

OK. AdHunter does not need more RAM? Same as ABP?

I'm going to cry and remember 2008 and MX2 :'(

A.S. replied at 2015-2-12 02:33 back.gif

I'm going to cry and remember 2008 and MX2.While you're reminiscing also remember what websites looked like 7 years ago compared to what is achievable today.

ABP might chew through a little more RAM, but sites are also much more complex compared to what they were back then.

maxthon's adbock plus is terrible

it misses the ads on kiss anime

unlike adhunter which removes them

my laptop also heats up more now and makes page load slow

the reason I chose maxthon was because resource usage was very low

I am disapponted in this new version

I think even the non maxthon adblock plus works better

Actually, AdBLock Plus can't block ads manually but the moderators provide us rules for blocking almost any ads except for very few sites I can't remember already.

I also checked kissanime.com because of the one mentioned above, Played one anime but the ads are actually blocked, only their hide buttons are visible.

As for the heating of your hardware, It's because of the ram being used, More ram used, More processes work, That's where your laptop gives off hot air

Robert T. replied at 2015-2-18 02:52 back.gif

maxthon's adbock plus is terrible

it misses the ads on kiss anime

unlike adhunter which removes the ...

"Maxthon's" ABP isn't terrible, that's just ABP as it works exactly the same in Chrome.

As for why AH worked differently/better maybe someone with more knowledge on how they work can explain.

Guest mateuszjp

Hi,

I do not belive that memory consumption will ever be resolved.

I have open 12 tabs (include this page), and 2GB disappear from my ram.

---

Please do not suggest that is proper, because when i've been using other browser i have 20+ tabs open, and have only 4gb (2011) now i have 8gb,

"one" word wtf

Robert T. replied at 2015-2-28 03:55 back.gif

my pc is an old one so it has a bigger strain on my speed

Yes, and browser is good when its light. I started to use Maxthon because it was fast and light, Firefox and Opera was so much heavier.

I tried K-meleon, K-Ninja but i didnt like those. I used TheWorld Browser (Developers of that are from China) long time before i started to use Maxthon. Maxthon was more advanced than TWB so thats why im using it now.

I dont like where its going, its isnt light and simple anymore.

I have mentioned uBlock before on the non-public forum and I see someone has made a thread about it on the public one. I am personally not a fan of AdBlock Plus as I understand how it works; it applies its own stylesheets based on what rules are hit by the page. This increases RAM usage and slows down page loading.

It's obvious we're never listened to, that's why Maxthon 4.x exists. :p