AdBlock in 4.4.4.2000 causing my homepage to refresh twice.

jseeley

I have a filter set for my homepage. When I start maxthon 4.4.4.2000, why is this filtered hompage refreshing again after it loads completely. I also notice the the Adblock plus takes a few secs to load. When I launch MX 4.4.4.2000, the Adblock plus shows an off status then after a few seconds, enables itself. Is this why my homepage is refreshing itself again?? My fiilters where working wonderfully before maxthon intergrated AdBlock. is there a way to disable AdBlock and go back to AdHunter? Thanks.

jseeley replied at 2015-2-24 07:51 back.gif

I have adblock off and it's still doing it. No matter what website I use for my homepage, they all ...

yes it's the same here, 2 different machines, one on windows seven, and the other one at work on xp. ABP on or off does not change anything

sigmax2.png

Often when I load google (which is my one and only home site, thus it load every time I turn MX on) it first appears ready, but second or two later it reloads completely. Thus if I manage to type at least a piece of my query, it gets erased and have to type again. Multiple it by several dozens a day and it may start to be really annoying!

Additionally, google instant generally responds quite slow, or nope at all, as compared with IE11.

As in topic, latest stable it is - 4.4.4.2000. Since I already posted new topic, I would like to make my general complaint about what is going on with Maxthon lately - it gets heavier, slower, consumes enormous amounts of memory and still has troubles with handling flash content (youtube, to be exact)

Anyone confirms above troubles?

I guess I was correct in the first place. When AdBlock Plus is not enabled, the double refreshing no longer occurs on your homepage. If ABP is enabled, your homepage will get the annoying double load. That is whether you have your homepage filtered or not. Also, websites that I filtered with AdHunter no longer work correctly with ABP with those same filters. This version seems to have a lot of bugs.

• 2 weeks later...

stay_here_forever replied at 2015-3-16 10:07 back.gif

Hi odyssee,

Thank you for your feedback.

official relase version, and clean install.. it doesn't seem to be fixed here, though the refresh is much shorter.

By the way may I know who you are ?

Edit : my bad, sorry for the confusion, actually I installed it 3 times

first : clean install with ftp version : got refreshes

2nd : forum official version and not a clean install : still got refreshes

3rd : forum official version and clean install : it looks like it does no longer refresh

sigmax2.png

odyssee replied at 2015-3-16 00:34 back.gif

official relase version, and clean install.. it doesn't seem to be fixed here, though the refresh ...

Hello odyssee,

Thank you for your feedback in detail.

I have confirmed with Dev, this issue was fixed in the official release version, you could reinstall this version with clean install then try out if this issue still exists.

Thanks again.

hobi replied at 2015-3-25 06:51 back.gif

This V4.4.4.3000 still does that refresh. Just updated from 4.4.3 and now i need to downgrade this ...

I had the same issue : you need to perform a clean install : when you uninstall maxthon , delete you personal data (you will recover them if you have a passport and sync your data)

sigmax2.png