Very bad quality when printing from Maxthon

megosu

Hello,

I have found several other threads about this issue, but they are not updated and some of them are more than 3 years old !

The issue: printing in "Ultra mode" is useless, the output quality is so low you can barely read the text or use bar codes from the printed page....

Switching to retro mode seems to be the only workaround at the moment, and apparently it has been like this for many many versions (since MX 3 at least).

The explanation is Maxthon is printing a low quality screenshot of the webpage but so far, this major flaw has been acknowledged but not been fixed by the dev.

I would like to inquiry about the possible fix of this old but still on-going issue.

Alternatively, I would like to know if there is a way to change the quality manually by editing a config file for instance...

Thank you

Hi there,

I just printed a couple of pages with barcodes in ultra and retro modes and the quality of print was good, so I can’t confirm the issue. Can you, please, give an example of a page you were trying to print so I can test it?

AdminH replied at 2015-2-24 22:42 back.gif

Hi there,

I just printed a couple of pages with barcodes in ultra and retro modes and the quality o ...

Try print some page to PDF at the core Blink - text can not be selected, quality is low and the resulting file is much bigger than from Firefox or Chrome. On paper text has no good quality

Problem is that Maxthon before printing generates webpage like image, therefore not possible to select text a quality is low than from Firefox or Chrome. This problem is reported years.

ddoe replied at 2015-2-25 17:42 back.gif

Try print some page to PDF at the core Blink - text can not be selected, quality is low and the re ...

You can't select text in files saved by Chrome either (at least on the version I checked). So that isn't an issue as such, but would be a nice addition so it works like IE does.

But the low quality rasterised image is definitely something that needs to be fixed.

AdminH replied at 2015-2-24 13:42 back.gif

Hi there,

I just printed a couple of pages with barcodes in ultra and retro modes and the quality o ...

Well, I actually have Lenovo laptop with Window 8 and I tested the printing quality on that device and it looked just fine.

• 2 weeks later...

It is a fact that the print quality in Ultra Mode is poor and has been so now for many years. This also applies to PDF documents created in Ultra Mode.

If the Maxthon Developer was willing to fix this issue for the majority of us that are experiencing this, then Maxthon would in my opinion probably be the best browser. However, until this issue is fixed, we have to rely on other browsers to print/create PDF's for those important business documents, or save as a HTM file

I can confirm this issue as well. Shipping labels or plane tickets are probably the most obvious victims, since those bar codes are completely useless if printed from Maxthon (Ultra mode).

I've had problems with shipping labels and boarding passes before, but didn't realize it was Maxthon until today when I decided, on a whim, to try printing the label from IE. The difference in quality is remarkable. Right now I'm just glad it wasn't my printer going out :D