YouTube HTML5 Fullscreen performance

martin.w

Hi,

For some reason when I try to view YouTube video in fullscreen while using HTML5 player, it appears to run at something like 10 frames per second. When not in fullscreen or while using Flash player, it plays smoothly. I tried Firefox and there is no problem there. I also tried reinstalling Maxthon without success.

Any tips?

• 2 weeks later...
  • 3 weeks later...

Experiencing the same issue on both my desktop computer running on gtx760 and on my laptop with GT 520MX. I noticed its not only on fullscreen video, but also when playing youtube video on the whole maxthon window (to do this, I right clicked a video for embeded link and got link iin format "www.youtube.com/embed/xxxxyyzzz"). This way it is running slower, but not nearly as when playing video in fullscreen. Really annoying problem, I have to open another browser to view vids fullscreen.

The only way around this is apparently to install youtube center and force flash video playback.

Hi evryone, I recently started using Maxthon, and, as an old Opera user, I am quite pleased with the experience sor far.

Still there is of course some trouble with the browser. One of witch is the Youtube issue.

Managed to deal with it tough : in the option settings, you got ''enable GPU acceleration''.

I disabled that in one of the many attempt to correct the problem, and it seems to have fixed it for the time being.

I also Have an Nvidia card, GTX 680Ti this leads me to believe that the problem might be with the Nvidia products (some in particular ?)

I'm no expert of course, and it is merly speculations, but it might be something the dev want to look into ...

Cheers evryone and sorry for the aproximative english, not my mother language.

Bananeisafree replied at 2015-3-25 06:46 back.gif

Hi evryone, I recently started using Maxthon, and, as an old Opera user, I am quite pleased with the ...

Hi Bananeisafree,

Welcome to the forum.

Glad to hear that disabling GPU acceleration has helped to fix your problem.

In order to identify the cause of the problem, we would like you guys to provide us with the specific link of the video you are playing. We'll conduct a test and try to find out what might be the root of the issue. We will be more than happy to help you.

Thanks again for your support!

Hello

Thank you for taking the time to look into this !

The problem occurs on almost evry videos, but is not systematic apparently.

A same video migtht have a descent fps in fullscreen to begin with, but if I switch to windowed then back to fullscreen the FPS drop might occur.

The video I first noticed this (because it was the first I watched after downloading Maxthon) was this one :

The fps drop was really notable, less than 10 fps at the very least.

tough desactivating the GPU acceleration delt with that very high drop, there is still an fps drop if trying to watch HDvideos at 60fps.

In windowed mode you got the smooth refresh, but in fullscreen its closer to 30 fps. though not very important (meaning, it is not a complaint :) ), it is noticeable, and perhaps rellevant in the current matter ?

Cheers and thank you again !