Freeze and crash when moving tabs

R3gi

Hello community,

unfortunately similar thread is locked so I have to create a new one.

The problem is that Maxthon still freezes when moving tabs. I am not sure why, but it's really annoying. Maybe it could be in some way connected also to this bug.

Edit1:

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1. Enable Split view mode.

2. Open a few tabs, if you like. Also please open G+, YouTube or any other page, which takes longer time to load.

3. WHILE the web page is being loaded, try to move it to the left or right panel continuously.

4. Browser will freeze.

Please, when we can expect a solution to this problem? :-)

Thank you

post-30335962-14315122450973_thumb.png

Hi There

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

on my end here I'm trying to reproduce the problem but when i move all the open tabs nothing happen. So are you facing this problem when you open a specific links or with randoms tabs happen? if there are some website hope you can provide us. The best way to solve this is to make "Clean Install" and re-install the browser again.

hope that is helpful

have a nice day.

Thanks for the reply :-)

Steps to reproduce this issue:

1. Enable Split view mode.

2. Open a few tabs, if you like. Also please open G+, YouTube or any other page, which takes longer time to load.

3. WHILE the web page is being loaded, try to move it to the left or right panel continuously.

4. Browser will freeze.

Have you tried with the default skin? It could be something in the skin you are using that is causing the issue.

And it's not related to the link you referenced. That was purely a personal preference of the OP in the way they wanted a feature to work.

Amazing logic, browser crashing = skin's faultAnd it seems perfectly valid logic as well. I tested using my modded skin (based on the default one) and one of the Nitro mods, even after moving a tab back and forth 10+ times nothing happened. I then changed to the Snapper skin that's being used and BAM!! crash on the first move to the other page. The same test was repeated a number of times after changing skins/closing MX - and each and every time the same thing happened.

The request was simply a means to check to see if the skin was in any way related to MX crashing, and from my testing it seems it is. Surely if it's a bug then it should happen on all skins?

I understand what you're getting at, ultimately it's Maxthon that is crashing, but the point is there is something with that skin that is causing MX to crash. The fact that the feature works fine with the default skin points to something within that particular skin.

Still waiting to see what the OP has to say if he tested the same. If he gets the same problem using a different skin, then it's possibly related to the install?

it is not the skin i have it also here Using the default skin?

It seems 7twenty is right, thanks. I've tested the behavior with the default and with Snapper skin. With Snapper skin it freezed almost every second/third time, with default skin only once. So I must be more careful when using Snapper or switch back to the default skin...

Thank you all :-)

With Snapper skin it freezed almost every second/third time, with default skin only onceThat's a little odd & not as consistent as my testing. My tests had Snapper crash on every single move, and never on the default.

Looks like there is something else going on? Have you got any extensions running? Try disabling them all and testing again.

• 2 months later...