Words missing on some websites

Hi,

Sorry if the problem has already been signaled but I don't get any result after a quick search on this forum...

On some websites, some words are missing. This happens only in Ultra Mode. The problem was already present in Mx 4.4.3.4000 and probably also previous versions. You can test it on http://www.ruru-berryz.com/patch-4-0/ for example.

Thanks

post-13633737-14315123986128_thumb.png

Saitoukuni replied at 2015-2-6 23:17 back.gif

I did just perform a clean install and tried to reset the font. This is what I have now in the Mx se ...

Try to change Default encoding/ Encodage par defaut to another one - for example to "Western".

You can try also log out from your Maxthon Passport and try again with this problematic website.

Another option is : download portable version ,unzip it, don't log in to MX Passport, don't change anything in settings and run this website once more time.

magg replied at 2015-2-6 18:27 back.gif

Try to change Default encoding/ Encodage par defaut to another one - for example to "Western".

You ...

My default encoding is set to UTF-8 and I don't have the problem he is experiencing. And my install was installed over previous 3 installs.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2015-2-7 03:06 back.gif

My default encoding is set to UTF-8 and I don't have the problem he is experiencing. And my insta ...

words are missing here too ( utf-8 ), other encodings display wrong characters and are unusuable.

sigmax2.png

FTR I don't have Open Sans on my system and it works fine.

But the whole point of "Open Sans, Arial, sans serif" in the CSS is so it has fallback fonts to use. In my case Open Sans isn't available, so the page is probably using Arial which I do. If that wasn't available it would the default sans serif font.

And what's more it's obviously using a font as the rest of the page is rendering properly. I'm not sure it's directly font related as such.

After installing the font, it works properly.

However, even when the font is not yet installed on your system, it is downloaded by the browser when the page is being loaded. There is maybe a problem when executing the related CSS rules...

If that node is deleted, the text appears properly even if the font is missing.

post-13633737-14315124019152_thumb.png

• 3 months later...