How to block body background image with AdBlock?

I already tried something like this, but it does not work (Portable Mx 4.4.4.1200 with AdBlock).

Moreover, there is rules for this site (ixbt.com) in global AdBlock subscription list, which must block body background, but it does not work too.

May be it is a bug with AdBlock in this Maxthon version?

Seems like some other rules does not work too.

Yesterday I upgraded from Mx with AdHunter with tons of working rules and got tons of non working. Now I already cleared all rules, disable subscription list, but can't get to work some simple AdBlock rules.

Weird. The following rules block the image if you open it directly (eg. open ixbt.com/branding/gigabyte/gigabyte_main_feb2015.jpg in a new tab) And it shows correctly in the filter log. But for some reason they won't work when on the actual site?

||ixbt.com/branding/gigabyte/gigabyte_main_feb2015.jpg

http://www.ixbt.com/branding/*

Dinataspace replied at 2015-2-10 22:50 back.gif

Why we makes it so hard? It can be done if you used ABP and Stylish.

Why should you have to use stylish if the ad is blocked correctly in ABP?

Especially if ABP is meant to be the same as the FF/Chrome versions which work properly, the MX version should be the same.

Dinataspace replied at 2015-2-11 08:49 back.gif

Unfortunately, ABP on Maxthon at this time doesn't look like ABP on Chrome and Firefox. So, what you ...

Indeed, they are still working on it. Although i'm surprised a little. I thought most of the backend stuff was done, now it was more just cleaning up the UI and adding features to make it comparable to the other versions.

The blocking issues listed here just seem odd considering that they only sort of work.

Sure, we both know ABP still on WIP stages, that's why I'm not absolutely depend on it. For now, I prefer to use something else to cover the shortfall of ABP. At least till it completely working properly as I expected.

Yes it odd, look like there is no consistency at all. As usual we should wait to know how the ABP progress on the next Mx release.

Henkie replied at 2015-2-12 12:16 back.gif

How can one, with the new ABP, alter CSS rules like removing a border or changing a color? I can't g ...

Thank you. Now need to figure out how it works. UI isn't self explaining and there doesn't seems to be any how-to's or tutorials.

Can i reuse any of my old styles i used with adHunter?

Henkie replied at 2015-2-15 05:46 back.gif

Thank you. Now need to figure out how it works. UI isn't self explaining and there doesn't seems t ...

Been a while since I played with it but basically it is the same.

Here's a post that explains it quite well.

Basically use what have in AH, just drop the ## and you might need to add !important at the end.

If only it was that easy :)

The domain is the complete URL of the site, including protocol

The CSS rule looks like this.round4 {

border-radius: 4px;

border: 1px solid;

padding: 4px;

}In AdHunter i did this to remove the border##.round4{border: 0px !important;}In Stylish it should become.round4{border: 0px !important;}I click Save & Close, reload the site but the border is still there, i tried it on a few different ellements but to no avail

Henkie replied at 2015-2-15 18:48 back.gif

The domain is the complete URL of the site, including protocolNot from what i've got setup on my system. I've got 3 stylish rules working and all are domain.com.

Just did a quick check - i'm using this rule in Stylish:.title a{color: rgb(180, 180, 180)!important;}And adding ## works fine in AdHunter

Only thing I can think of is that the domain isn't right.. i've done that numerous times where it looked correct only recheck for the 10th time only to find it was missing a letter.

Otherwise if you can post some more details so I can have a look as well.

This is one that I just tested for megagames.com (make sure that's the domain in the domains box).#block-menu-menu-top-menu {border:0!important}The borders around the links to the left of the login box disappear with it enabled.

I click Save & Close, reload the site but the border is still there,You don't need to reload the site with Stylish, once you hit save it will update instantly. I usually run split screen (F10), that way I can see the changes straight away once I press save.

If it was working properly you should see the change, and given that the rule is almost certainly not the issue it points me back to your domain or other rules.

• 3 months later...

Right now AdBlock still does not block background image http://www.ixbt.com/branding/ulmart/ulmart_general_ixbt_news_mar2015.jpg on site http://www.ixbt.com/news/ht/. This background is specified in CSS.

Rule for AdBlock already exists in current "RuAdList+EasyList" list.

Even If I add custom rule for this image - it does not blocked.

If I open this image in separate tab - it blocked.