Video Stream Issues

I've been watching some twitch.tv streams..and i noticed it always keeps freezing..and this has been present for quite some time now..(previous versions as well)...

i've also tried the same stream in firefox...and it works smoothly..no freezes no nothing...

P.S. smooth scrolling in firefox seems a lot more polished... :(

which is sad cause i love maxthon and keep recommending it.

No problem here.

Twitch works for me fine ans smoothly.

Do you have any extension installed?

If yes try to disable them.

And check also your filters in ABP - maybe one of them cause streams freezes.

About smooth scrolling - are you sure that you have this option ON in Maxthon settings under Advanced tab?

magg replied at 2015-2-2 07:33 back.gif

No problem here.

Twitch works for me fine ans smoothly.

Do you have any extension installed?

i mean the box is ticked... but there is absolutely no difference whatsoever ... (regarding smooth scrolling)..

as for extensions...i don't really have anything that would mess up streaming.. same goes for abp ... iit kept freezing even when i used adhunter

Roly Tevion replied at 2015-2-2 16:39 back.gif

i mean the box is ticked... but there is absolutely no difference whatsoever ... (regarding smooth ...

Try to log off from your Maxthon Passport and try again.

Or even better - try portable version.

Just download it, unzip, run it without logging to MX Passport and without changinig anything in Maxthon setttings.

After that check Twitch streams again.

Are we talking buffering where you see the little spinning loading dots? Or just jumpiness like it's missing a few frames now and then? The skipped frames is something that I brought up ages ago, and seemed to have been fixed then they came back a few releases later. Haven't really noticed it lately though.

As far as smooth scrolling, i'm right with you there. I'm not sure if it's the webpages or something else, but sometimes it works nice then a little while later it goes back to jumpy mode. Even at it's best it's still nowhere near as polished as Firefox.

With Smooth scrolling disabled , smooth scrolling is working fine with the website :). You may turn it off and restart the browser to see if it is effective.

As for video streaming, it works fine as well. You may need to disable any extensions or ad-block rules that might be causing you the issue.

Please try these approaches and let us know what happens.

Thanks for your support!