Trouble Running Code

RANGE

Hello Maxthon!

I have recently moved from Chrome to Maxthon, and I absolutely love this browser! I was only having one difficulty.

I could not figure out how to run my code in my text editor, notepad++. I could easily run in it in firefox or chrome because of the shorcuts. But there are no shortcuts or commands to run it in Maxthon. I have to go into the address bar and search my computer for the actual file to run it, which can be very tedious.

So, is there any way to run notepad++ code in Maxthon? :)

Hi Range,

Glad to have you here.

Thank you for using our browser.

Really sorry for this inconvenience.

Since we can not change the UI of Notepad++ , it would be better if you asked Notepad++ to support Maxthon, provide a shortcut to run in Maxthon.

The only way to run in Maxthon is to go to Run/browse the program to run and chose Maxthon:)

I hope this method works.

Thanks.

Unless we're talking about something completely different, I think you're trying to get the Run... Launch in Firefox/Chrome command from the menu working with Maxthon?

If that is correct then all you need to do is create a custom shortcut by doing the following:

1. Select the Run... option from the menu.

2. Enter the path to your maxthon executable (eg. C:\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe)

3. Add the following to the command line - "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

- So you should have C:\Maxthon\Bin\Maxthon.exe "$(FULL_CURRENT_PATH)"

4. Select save, then select the required shortcut keys and type in a name.

5. OK

You should then have an extra option in the Run... menu, or you can use the shortcut key to open Maxthon and run the current file in Notepad++.

Hope that helps.