Hulu and Ad-Block Plus Beta

Tiamarth

It seems that the beta 4.4.4.600 release of Maxthon prevents ads from loading on Hulu, regardless of whether ABP is disabled. It also blocks the 60 second warnings that ask users to disable ad blocking software, which means that the video stops playing altogether. When I relaunch Maxthon, Hulu behaves correctly for a short while, but soon it completely stops playing videos again. So now I'm using Firefox only for watching Hulu.

--

Also, can we expect to be able to disable ad-block for specific websites in the stable release?

Edit: Just discovered it's already possible.

Edit*2: If anyone else comes here with this problem, it was being caused (for me) by Adguard. I uninstalled it and everything works fine now.

Hi Tiamarth,

Sorry for the inconvenience you encountered.

I would like to help you, but i couldn't stream hulu video due to my location.

Anyway, it is recommenced to enable only the filter you need, enabling to many filter may negatively affect your browsing experience.

If you have added the correct domain hulu.com to white list but the problem still exists, then you may disable ADB under Filter lists by unticking the "Enable Adblock Plus" checkbox to see if it effective.

I hope this approach is helpful to you.

Thanks for your support for Maxthon.