µBlock - An efficient blocker add-on. Fast, potent, and lean.

DrazzEn

This is the first time to I hear from µBlock and I think it's an interesting project!

I recommend this to keep attention for the Maxthon developers!

Maybe it can replace ABP for Maxthon!

Ad-block Plus slows down Maxthon a little bit.

It it would be better if Ad-block Plus would not be part of Maxthon and replace AdHunter!

I would like better an Ad-block Plus or µBlock extension...and I think I'm not alone with this opinion!

µBlock vs. ABP: efficiency compared · gorhill/uBlock Wiki · GitHub

https://github.com/gorhill/uBlock/wiki/%C2%B5Block-vs.-ABP:-efficiency-compared

• Like 1

itsmenx replied at 2015-1-22 05:24 back.gif

This is the first time to I hear from µBlock and I think it's an interesting project!

I recommend t ...

>> Ad-block Plus slows down Maxthon a little bit.

I don't see any slowdown with ABP. But I donn't use EasyList or Maxthon List; I'm using Wilser's custom list for popular sites posted here in Extensions.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2015-1-23 13:50 back.gif

>> Ad-block Plus slows down Maxthon a little bit.

I don't see any slowdown with ABP. But I donn' ...

I don't use ABP or µBlock either...I only use AdHunter with custom and self created filter and it's enough for me.

But I tried out the latest MCB with ABP and compared it with the latest without it...same filters and same sites...and my system monitoring program showed me the difference.

It's negligible on today's computer configuration but on old low end PCs it is a very important to use less system resources.

Regards!

Maxthon's loyal user,

nx

Edited by itsmenx

• 2 weeks later...

It's a good extension for several other browsers, very well maintained and optimized. That said, as of Maxthon 4.4.4.2000, I've found that my ad-blocking needs are well taken care of. Maxthon has spent a great deal of time into optimizing the ABP extension to fit seamlessly into the browser. I'm not saying I wouldn't love to see the developer of uBlock make an extension for Maxthon, but I will say that it's the synchronization of bookmarks and address bar that occasional slows me down. Thus the reason I sometimes temporarily disable the two during heavy browsing sessions. So I'll be happy either way, since with the addition of ABP, Maxthon has become my number one browser once more!

Mens Magna replied at 2015-2-15 23:23 back.gif
I use also ublock with Firefox, it's great!

I've tried uBlock on Firefox with Wilser's Rules forr Some Populoar Sites v.1.8.8 and they seem to work just as well in it as in ABP. So if it uses lesss resources, it might be better on old hardware.

But there are ssome things I like about it. The Third Party Lists has a far better listing than ABP does. I would think that ABP should willingly include any lists which they link to from their website even if not all of the lists in uBlock.

I do think it would be good for someone who knows how (but not me now) would ;build an extension for Maxthon. It's not necessary to do more since ABP is now an included extension. Either one could be used as desired. I don't know if there are rule syntax differences to be concerned about.

<<SL>>

Edited by SnowLeopard
  • Like 1

Hi!

What do you think? Can it replace ABP as an extension? And will AdHunter come back and ABP or µBlock will be an extension? I prefer AdHunter becouse of "Block ad by click" (µBlock has this feature too) and we could use it to customize things in the browser (example: scrollbars) /it is true,I have not tried to customize anything,but I read that,we can't do it with ABP./

µBlock - An efficient blocker add-on. Fast, potent, and lean. - Extensions - Maxthon Community - Powered by Discuz!

Regards,

nx
Edited by itsmenx
  • Like 1

• 3 months later...
  • 10 months later...