MAGICFILL

GRC1

GRC1 replied at 2015-1-22 11:35 back.gif

Bad Idea. The install ended saying that my favorites database is destroyed and also all my passwor ...

because it got corrupted. Also Maxthon3's magicfill works finely, as does Maxthon4. There should be no difference as to working vs not working, between the two, except that Maxthon4 still gets bugfix and feature updates. The only way Maxthon3's magicfill would be bonked would be because of a bug in the version release, which can very easily happen, just as much, with Maxthon4.

is there a magicfill dat file backup in %appdata%\Maxthon3\Users\email@example.url\Backup\magicfill?

The favorites keep backups in the same email-named folder, but in the subdirectory of \favorites\favbackup. Also due to code changes, your data might not be transferrable, unless deleted first, and then re-synced.

cooltext.png

Hi GRC1,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

As v asked above, do you find a magic fill file back up in the directory he mentioned?

If convenient, please let us know which page that are not supported by Magic fill?

We'll be more than happy to help you.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Have a nice time.

BugSir007 replied at 2015-1-22 19:00 back.gif

Hi GRC1,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

As v asked above, do you find a magic fill file back up in the ...

Hi,

Neither folder exists. When I go back to Ver. 3 my magicfill info is there. Not there in ver. 4. This site for one does not work with magicfill for me. I really doubt anything was corrupted....

GRC1 replied at 2015-1-23 10:45 back.gif

Hi,

Neither folder exists. When I go back to Ver. 3 my magicfill info is there. Not there in ver. ...

because as far as I know, the magicfill db uses a different format for the data, between the 2. I've tried to mix them together, in the past, but luckily I've kept backups, plus I use portable Maxthon so it doesn't affect Maxthon4 when and if I were to reinstall since the last HDD reformat.

Unless it were synced AFTER deleting the %appdata% subdirectory of Maxthon3, the data is gone. You could however try deleting syncstorage.dat in %appdata% subdir also. However, you might need to start over, sorry to say. Maxthon4 had nothing to do with the magicfill not working - it works finely for me - not saying it isn't broken for you, but just that it has nothing to do with the browser release version.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2015-1-23 07:57 back.gif

because as far as I know, the magicfill db uses a different format for the data, between the 2. I' ...

Magicfill never worked right for me from day one . I assume magicfill and favorites are 2 different files. Odds are really high that both files were bad. I think a problem exists with the installation of ver. 4. I have 5 computers. I will try to install ver. 4 on another and see what happens.

Dev CZ replied at 2015-1-23 08:46 back.gif

Try recover in the Maxthon Online Favorites:

http://fav.maxthon.cn/api/fav/manager

Installed ver. 4. again. All magicfill passwords are gone again. Tried to login to this site and magicfill asked to save password. I said yes and a box popped up with a critical error message and sent a report to you. All I can do is hit OK and when I did the program shut down. Also, no password was saved.

GRC1 replied at 2015-1-23 11:20 back.gif

Magicfill never worked right for me from day one . I assume magicfill and favorites are 2 differen ...

they would have to both be bad, then. they are not the same database. if it never worked correctly from day one, then I have no clue, it's probably an issue with the installation on your computer though, not a maxthon bug. That or it got corrupted as soon as you started using it.

you had said by installing v4 it gave you an error for not being v4 db. Prior to that, according to you, it simply did not prompt to save. That's different. Before the upgrade, maxthon3 simply did not work with magicfill. The second case, it is not compatible. Yes same outcome, but not the same reason. In fact it's still BOTH reasons, but it was compatible with v3, prior.

nevermind I've misunderstood/misread, sorry.

online favorites should still be there, however. If you don't delete the %appdata%\Maxthon3, the favorites won't re-sync from scratch. Magg is correct.

cooltext.png

GRC1 replied at 2015-1-29 19:29 back.gif

So I guess no body out there can help me??? Also I am getting a message from Zillow that Maxthon i ...

Once again - Did you try to perform clean installation?!.

And message from Zillow is correct - Maxthon 3 has old Webkit engine/is outdated and not supported anymore.

With MX 4 Zillow webpage works just fine for me.

FYI - don't flood the Forum with double posts!

magg replied at 2015-1-29 11:10 back.gif

Once again - Did you try to perform clean installation?!.

And message from Zillow is correct - Max ...

Thanks for your crap. I login and can't see any of my posts. Thats why I am wasting my time all for nothing. I have used Maxthon for years. Nothing here addresses my problems. Magicfill still did not work on secure sites on the latest version. Also, it deleted all my prior passwords. Also, your Security Q&A does not work right. Good bye....

GRC1 replied at 2015-1-30 17:01 back.gif

Thanks for your crap. I login and can't see any of my posts. Thats why I am wasting my time all fo ...

Tried a clean install on 2 different computers. Passwords are all gone. Also as said before when I try to save a password I get error message and the password is not saved.

No idea what's going on with your install. If you are in fact using MX3, that could be part of the issue.

Testing with Zillow.com (i'm guessing that's the site you were referring to) it seems fine as far as I can tell.

As shown below, the email address and password saved OK using the save form option in the context menu, and auto-filled correctly (shown by the yellow background). There are no errors that I have seen.

a0drmv.png

Can you take a screenshot of the error in question?

On your new/clean installs are you using a Passport account? If so, test with trying the website without signing in and see if you still have issues with it saving.

I am using Ver 3. because as I stated earlier when I installed Ver.4 all my passwords were gone and when I went to a website It asked to save a password. When I said yes I got a critical error that said it was recorded and sent to Maxthon. Also that password did not save. I am trying out other browsers because no one can help me to get Maxthon to work.

GRC1 replied at 2015-2-2 05:10 back.gif

I am using Ver 3. because as I stated earlier when I installed Ver.4 all my passwords were gone and ...

On your new/clean installs are you using a Passport account? If so, test with trying the website without signing in and see if you still have issues with it saving.Did you try this?

Run through these troubleshooting steps.

because no one can help me to get Maxthon to work.People are trying but you're not being very helpful with some of your answers.

You've been told MX3 is old and shouldn't be used, yet you're still complaining that it won't work. That is a lost cause, forget about MX3 and get MX4 working as I and others have shown it works fine.

If your passwords are lost, then they also shouldn't be available in MX3. If they're still there then the data isn't being transferred from MX3 to MX4.

What version of MX3 are you using (version number & install type eg. installer or portable)?

What version of MX4 are you using?

I think my answer are very clear. I never said MX3 doesn't work. I said now it does not work on some sites. Also as I stated a couple of times before with MX4 all my passwords are gone. If I go back to MX3 the password are there. Also as I stated before MX4 will not let me save any passwords. I get a criticle error message and the password is not saved. I've tried this on multiple machines with same results.

Maybe if I repeat this for a 3rd time we might get an answer...

On your new/clean installs are you using a Passport account? If so, test with trying the website without signing in and see if you still have issues with it saving.Did you try this?

And still no answers to any of the questions to the post above!

Now you feel like me asking the same thing over and over. The answer to you is no.Except there is a HUGE difference - we can't give you an answer because we don't have the issues you have. On the other hand it's simple for you to provide the information we're requesting. If you're not going to help us and do the tests required, then why should we waste our time trying to figure out your problem?

I've linked to the stickied troubleshooting thread ,

I've asked for some basic info to try determine location of data ,

I've asked you to check logged out to check if it's a settings issue .

Seems very one sided to me.

If there was a magic fix for PC issues then there would be a lot of people out of work, unfortunately (or fortunately depending on how you look at it) there isn't and you need to offer some info for people to narrow down the issue.

I'm the most patient person you will probably ever deal with, but there is nothing more testing of ones patience than when people ask for help and then ignore or disregard requests and still expect an answer, then complain again that the problem isn't fixed.

7twenty replied at 2015-2-2 18:47 back.gif

Except there is a HUGE difference - we can't give you an answer because we don't have the issues you ...

Sorry for not responding but had a death in the family. Yes, I have tried everything you asked with no luck. One last thing. Some people wondered why I am using an unsupported version (MX3). That's because everytime I checked for updates I was told I was using the latest version. Bye

GRC1 replied at 2015-2-4 02:22 back.gif

Sorry for not responding but had a death in the family. Yes, I have tried everything you asked wit ...I'm sorry for your loss.

Yes, I have tried everything you asked with no luck.Just did a test:

Extracted and ran a new portable version of MX3

Saved login details on Zillow.com

Tested to see if details auto-filled once saved. Worked fine.

Extracted a new portable version of MX4

Copied userdata from MX3 to MX4

Ran MX4 and loaded Zillow.com. Login details auto-filled correctly.

Trying to save new ones there was also no problem.

There was no graphic issues with the page in either version using Ultra or Retro modes. Nor was there any banner about "running an old version". AdHunter/AdBlock was enabled with the default settings.

So once again, I don't believe the issue is directly with Maxthon, but more than likely some of your userdata or settings.

Until you provide the following then it's almost impossible to state what the issue might be or how to fix it.

What version of MX3 are you using (version number & install type eg. installer or portable)?

What version of MX4 are you using (version number & install type eg. installer or portable)?

What happens when you don't login with your Maxthon Passport account on MX3 & MX4 (if you use one)?

Your User Agent settings for both browsers. (Main Menu > Settings > Advanced > user agent section)

MX4 not loading your MX3 saved data means either:

- Your using installer & portable versions so MX can't find the data;

- Somehow your userdata is saved in a different place from default;

- If using a Passport account it's not syncing properly;

- It has been corrupted.

But it all comes back to you providing info so we can pin point where the issue might be.

One last thing. Some people wondered why I am using an unsupported version (MX3). That's because everytime I checked for updates I was told I was using the latest version. ByeUpdater has it's own issues, but i'm 100% certain it doesn't update between major versions.