Maxthon and AOL reader

michelem

I am have Maxthon v. 4.4.3.4000 on my laptop and I use AOL reader as feed reader. I have discovered a strange behaviour. When I try to manually sort feed folders (with drag&drop) in the folder column, the feed won't get sorted. That is, I can drag the single folder to a new position of the list, but when I drop it it will keep staying in the former position. The issue only occurs with Maxthon, other browsers work fine (i.e. Chrome and Firefox).

Thanks to anyone who could give me some hints!

Cheers,

Michele

Hi michelem,

Welcome to the forum.

Really sorry for this inconvenience.

Here on my end, i can confirm the same issue. Drag and drop feed folder to a new position in the list does not work in Maxthon Ultra mode. It seems to be working fine i Retro mode though.

You ca temporarily switch to Maxthon Retro mode( by clicking the yellow lightning bolt icon located on the right side of the address bar ). See below image.

At the same time , I'll put this issue on the list of reported BUGs.

Please stay tuned for future versions of Maxthon.

Thanks for your support.

Have a nice time.:)

post-30503264-14315123715451_thumb.png

BugSir007 replied at 2015-1-20 20:49 back.gif

Hi michelem,

Welcome to the forum.

Really sorry for this inconvenience.

Dear BugSir,

many thanks for your useful suggestion and sorry for my late reply!

I thought that the issue could be related to the Ultra mode and, in fact, I did try to switch it to Retro mode. But it doesn't work, in Retro mode I cannot even log in... that's why I always use the Ultra mode.

In the attached image you can see the message I get when I try to login in AOL reader using Retro Mode.

I am not sure if this issue is related to the previous one... Any idea?

Many thanks again!

Michele

post-31033458-14315123765313_thumb.jpg

Hi BugSir007,

I really appreciate your help!

I have tried logging out from Maxthon and re-opening Aol Reader in Retro mode. Still the same behaviour.

I have also tried to play around with UA codes and nothing worked (besides, the default codes seem quite outdated even in the last version of Maxthon; I have also manually inserted codes with more updated browser and OS versions... still no success).

Although all of this did not work, I found out that the supported browsers for Aol Reader are IE 9.0 or above, Chrome, Firefox, ecc... In my laptop I only have the default IE 8.0, which comes with windows 7, and I never upgraded it to a newer version as I do not use IE at all!

When in Retro mode, Maxthon works then as IE 8.0, and this is why, I think, AOL reader does not run.

Please, let me know what you think about it. If that is likely the reason, then I'll just leave things like that, as I am not really willing to update IE...

Many thanks and greetings,

Michele