Flash player on facebook broken

magg replied at 2015-1-18 03:07 back.gif

Can't confirm.

For me videos on FB works just fine.

Would you describe more exactly how this issue l ...

it just randomly happens... the loading wheel shows up and either says i need a new version of flash player or just does not work at all... it happens like once or twice every month for no reason then it works after a while...

• 4 weeks later...

Whenever there is a new version of Maxthon I try to play with Zynga with him, each time breaking flash once at the very beginning from. It's really no fun anymore with the Maxthon because I myself scchon the same here have often criticized, but nothing changes it.

Of course for me is always the Flash-to-date.

Done like this

"Do you have your Flash player up to date?

If so, follow the instructions as provided by Magg, or those in the Adobe Flash and Maxthon thread to ensure that Maxthon is using that version and not the one it installs with."

while an exclamation point for Flash crashed. Maxthon gets the point not why I'm doing now with firefox further years because Maxthon the user is not serious. Especially nowadays you need Flash everywhere and I can not take 2 browser, one for Flash and Maxthon then for what?

Actually they've been trying to phase out Flash for years. Now with HTML5 becoming the default for Youtube I have no doubt other sites will start heading in the same direction. That said there are still many sites that use flash and it probably won't die at least for a while. Hopefully not before Maxthon make a popup video option for HTML5.

As far as your issues, I've never had Maxthon display an error about flash not being available, unless it was before I installed it on a new system. It definitely doesn't come and go as it pleases. But then again I don't play zynga flash games.

I'm not really sure what else you expect to hear. The details linked above describe the most common means of getting the latest Flash to work correctly with Maxthon. If it doesn't there's the possibility it's a conflict somewhere, like another extension or program etc. or it could just be that Maxthon/Flash/Facebook/Zynga just don't get on well.

Facebook Farmville over Zynga . I just wanted to give him a chance again, but he fell down three times in one minute. I always have the latest Flash version and am familiar with all browsers out there. But the Maxthon can not play Zynga. If I read you so, I have the feeling that You think that I have too many fancy, right?

And it's not just on one of my PCs but on all three.

And please tell me why it works browser with this simple Nitro? "Maxthon/Flash/Facebook/Zynga just don't get on well"

Absolutely agree, any kind related with flash player on Maxthon still need to be more optimized. In this case not so often but sometime crash still always comes, especially (in my case) if I'm doing something on a flash page which is require high demand gpu (eg. playing online games with high graphic frame rate/streaming full HD video with flash/not html5), it will causing Maxthon to be unstable and return with crash or sometime just frozen screen or not responding. It's no make sense, I'm on i7 with Nvidia.

I know if nowadays many video hosting site using html5 but it's not a reason, we still need flash player because most of all web online games still on web flash base. I know if we disable flash hardware acceleration (not use hardware rendering) will help a bit but it's not a solution. Maxthon should evaluate their webkit core again and again and make any kind related with flash become completely working properly.

In this case, Nitro more stable, no crash at all but unfortunately the Nitro development progress is too slow, the Nitro core is too outdated (not on the recent core like the other Chrominium base) a.k.a look like not a serious project.

I'm not expect this issue will be fixed on next release, it's hard and need more time to evaluate. I just hope Maxthon dev team can resolve this issue as soon as possible.

Dinataspace replied at 2015-2-15 14:24 back.gif

Absolutely agree, any kind related with flash player on Maxthon still need to be more optimized. In ...

Hi Dinataspace,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Which game are you playing that is making the browser crash please?

If convenient, please provide us with the crash report to have a look.

Also, you may need to disable flash player hardware acceleration ( right click on a popped up flash content--settings-untick "hardware acceleration"option box) and try again:)

Please let us know if there are any other issues.

Thanks for your support!

post-30503264-14315124122045_thumb.png

BugSir007 replied at 2015-2-16 13:30 back.gif

Hi Dinataspace,

Really sorry for the inconvenience.

Which game are you playing that is making the ...

I really appreciate with your fast respon but come on, stop pointing any kind related with flash issue into this two common answer, hardware acceleration and flash player outdated version. In this case, I already write at previous post that disable hardware acceleration is not a solution. For me, it just a quick fix solution by user, not kind a fixes from Maxthon side and Maxthon should no longer need to include/push their user to use an older flash player files in each release so their users can use their flash player installer as native/system flash player and then the outdated flash issue will never exist on this forum.

I have read the crash log and yes, there is error occurs but why it's only happen if I use Maxthon with enable hardware acceleration and even with the same hardware acceleration enable, why this error was never happen on Chrome or Nitro (Chrominium base)?

For trial error, you can try to play Farmville or another Zynga game with enable hardware acceleration and tell me why enable hardware acceleration was causing/triggering crash on Maxhon (error occurs at dx on crash log)? So, I assumed there is a problem on webkit core which should be fixed as soon as possible because If everything fine, I'm pretty sure this error/crash or any kind with flash player issue will never happen.

Last, I also hope if Maxthon will release their 64 bit version, thank you.