Ad-Block Plus makes Maxthon slower

Guest Momfer

BugSir007 replied at 2015-1-15 18:31 back.gif

Hi Momfer,

G;ad to talk to you.

Really sorry for finding Maxthon slower due to ABP.

I have cleaned all history and cookies and still it is slower than the stable version. With slower I mean that it takes more time to load websites and mostly to load pictures. When not delete history and cookies it stays slow.

BugSir007 replied at 2015-1-16 05:31 back.gif

Hi Momfer,

G;ad to talk to you.

Really sorry for finding Maxthon slower due to ABP.

Hi BugSir (:

I also use Adblock version and have problem about source usage and browsing.

For example when I opened a few tabs from http://chip.com.tr or http://windowscentral.com (actually, most websites), this took a lot time to scroll page or click somewhere. Web pages doesn't respond for 10-12 seconds. Also my computer's fan is starting to scream like it will fly.

I've also tried deleting cookies, even performing clean install.

Win 8.1 Pro 64-bit, 8GB RAM, Intel i7 processor

Hi guys,

According to Adblock plus, the effect of EasyList should generally not be noticeable, there is a slight slowdown but too small to notice. In some unusual cases this might be different.

In Maxthon ABP Filter lists, we strongly recommend the filter lists you actually need. Enabling too many lists may negatively affect your browsing experience.

If you have added some custom lists, please make sure they follow Adblock Plus filter syntax

Thanks.

BugSir007 replied at 2015-1-19 05:30 back.gif

Hi guys,

According to Adblock plus, the effect of EasyList should generally not be noticeable, ther ...

Hi dear BugSir (:

Only Maxthon List and EasyList is enabled on mine (by default). Is there any difference between MxList and EasyList? Does one contains the other? Should I enable two of them or is it enough to enable one? Which one is more comprehensive?

Thank you for your help!

Problem not solved. Maxthon V4.4.4.600 Beta with Ad-Block Plus enabled is still slower than the stable version. I have disabled ABP and now use AdFender. With AdFender enabled Maxthon V4.4.4.600 Beta runs smooth and fast and all ads are blocked, even the ads on Youtube movies.

(My PC: Intel i3 with 8GB RAM and Windows 8.1 Pro)