RSS Reader Problems

MarkStrobel3367

MarkStrobel3367 replied at 2015-1-12 20:53 back.gif

I just noticed that the feeds are now in the folders. However, they have yet to update. When I cli ...

I just noticed that the feeds are now in the folders

You can sort your feeds by drag&drop from folders.

When I clicked on the RSS Reader tab, several hours after I imported the feeds, it still reports that it is loading.

Try to click on "Update all" button and check also your internet connection .

MarkStrobel3367 replied at 2015-1-12 21:03 back.gif

I clicked on 'Update All'. A message appears that it is updating. However, nothing is happening.

Try to update your feeds one-by-one.

Right click on feed and select "Update".

post-765686-14315123584911_thumb.jpg

This morning, I reduced the number of folders to one that contained around 20 feeds. It was at this point when the reader began to update the feeds. Even then, the updating process wasn't consistent. Additionally, one of the Maxthon files began to exhaust my computer CPU's. I believe that this file is directly related to the built in RSS Reader. Unless this built in reader is improved, I don't want to reduce my number of feeds to accommodate. I would rather stick with the AOL Reader. It would be nice if there was an AOL Reader addon that I could use with this browser.

MarkStrobel3367 replied at 2015-1-13 09:55 back.gif

This morning, I reduced the number of folders to one that contained around 20 feeds. It was at this ...

Hi there.

If you want - you can try my AOL Reader extension.

Simply download extension from my attachment, install it and (I hope) enjoy of feeds reading :)

AOL_Reader.mxaddon

post-765686-14315123597347_thumb.jpg

MarkStrobel3367 replied at 2015-1-13 19:56 back.gif

For some reason, when I restarted Maxthon, the AOL extension was gone from the left column. I neede ...

Are you logged to your Maxthon Passport?

Anyway try to download once again this extension and install it (I have made some modifications).

Now it should works fine.

magg replied at 2015-1-13 20:03 back.gif

Are you logged to your Maxthon Passport?

Anyway try to download once again this extension and inst ...

Magg, I have a question for you - Is there any way to design the aol extension so that one doesn't have to manually log in each time the browser restarts? I use LastPass for my login info. Unfortunately, aol reader doesn't allow users to stay logged in. Thanks.

MarkStrobel3367 replied at 2015-1-13 20:56 back.gif

Magg, I have a question for you - Is there any way to design the aol extension so that one doesn't ...

To be honest- I'm a noob in creating extensions.

Second thing- Aol Reader probably doesn't support autologin and doesn't accept cookies.

You can check easily with any other browsers-logg into AOL Reader then close/restart browser and you have to loggin again to the reader. Even when you don't clear cookies.

FYI-my Feedly rss have autologin/ keep cookies...

So far- I'm realy sorry-but I can't help you to solve this issue.

Maybe someone on forum could help with this.

My advice- try once again Maxthons RSS reader or try Feedly.