Display of router start page

skidude

I find that when using MCB 4.4.3.4000 I am unable to log into my router using Ultra mode.

I enter 192.168.0.1 and then get a sign in window but after entering the correct data and clicking login nothing ever happens.

I have a quick access button too and this is continually searching.

If I switch to IE mode then login happens normally.

When I use MCB 4.4.1.3000 I am able to login normally in Ultra mode.

I use portable versions only and the router is a Netgear DGND 3700.

15r17e80n12e replied at 2014-12-27 06:55 back.gif

Switch Browser Core (i.e.) mode : from Ultra to Retro

Read carefully what OP wrote-he knows about possibility to change browser core!

He wants to log into his router using Ultra Mode.

I suggest you to remove your email from your screenshot from this post .

Unless you like getting spam

magg replied at 2014-12-27 06:40 back.gif

Hi there.

Try to disable Adhunter.

I know this issue from my own experience-I also have Netgear rout ...

Thanks for that. It now works normally with adhunter off.

The next annoying thing with displaying this router and also my Netgear DG834G is that every time I change a page in the router to look at something else another login and authentication window pops up. I do not need to sign in again as I have already done that so I use the escape key to clear it. Fiddling with other adhunter settings does not prevent this happening.

Any one else ???

skidude replied at 2014-12-29 06:30 back.gif

Thanks for that. It now works normally with adhunter off.

The next annoying thing with displaying ...

Did you try other browsers?

Are they also shows these authentication popups?

Do you have newest firmware?

BugSir007 replied at 2014-12-29 23:02 back.gif

Hello,

Sorry for the inconvenience.

I have talked to our development team about this issue and it ha ...

Thanks for the update. I will try and be patient. I realized that it was a bug some time ago as other browsers I use just behave normally.

• 2 months later...

skidude replied at 2015-1-2 08:08 back.gif

Thanks for the update. I will try and be patient. I realized that it was a bug some time ago as ...

Hi,

Sorry for taking so long to get back to you.

Up to now, this bug has not been fixed yet. Really sorry for that.

Here, we would like to know which router you are using.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks,

• 2 months later...

This problem was certainly fixed. So thanks for that .

But it has now reappeared. 

All the versions I have tried after v4.4.5.1200 no longer suppress this annoying router login request continually. 

So I am stuck with using v4.4.5.1200. A lasting fix would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance.

You are probably right!

Between 4.4.5.1200-beta and 4.4.5.2000 and 3000, there is a strange regression in the DLL versions of Maxthon. Therefore maybe corrected problem is reappeared?

Are you sure as the problem exists with the 4.4.5.1800-beta?

You are probably right!

Between 4.4.5.1200-beta and 4.4.5.2000 and 3000, there is a strange regression in the DLL versions of Maxthon. Therefore maybe corrected problem is reappeared?

attachicon.gifdll version history 2.jpg

Are you sure as the problem exists with the 4.4.5.1800-beta?

Yes Oliver your theory is good. I have now tried v1800 and this is a 'fixed' version too.  I did not say that I had tried all builds since 1200 just that the later ones that I had tried were buggy again.

So can we have a fix please ??? 

Yes Oliver your theory is good. I have now tried v1800 and this is a 'fixed' version too.  I did not say that I had tried all builds since 1200 just that the later ones that I had tried were buggy again.

So can we have a fix please ??? 

A further discovery is that build 1800 is the last version where url alias use and webpage preload of search while typing still works together. Later versions require one or the other feature to be used only.

DEVS there are now two retrograde bugs introduced here. Will these be added to the confirmed bugs page ever ?

Or even better a fix for them as they both used to work before the more current builds of MCB.

A further discovery is that build 1800 is the last version where url alias use and webpage preload of search while typing still works together. Later versions require one or the other feature to be used only.

What's the latest version with the issue?

I'm currently using a beta release and it doesn't have the issues described. But i'm sure I also noted this elsewhere for 4.4.5.3000.

For reference the tests were:

Enable preload search results + Open a new tab from the address bar enabled

1 / Enter search term into address bar [Enter] > Page preloads search results and opens in new tab when Enter is pressed.

2 / Enter alias into address bar [Enter] > Page preloads search results and opens alias URL in new tab when Enter is pressed.

3 / Enter search alias into address bar + search term [click on page] > Page preloads search results, clicking on page completes search but replaces previous page in tab (also removes tab history).

4 / Enter search alias into address bar + search term [Enter] > Page preloads search results but opens default search URL in new page when Enter is pressed. There is an error here as it goes to the default search instead of the search alias URL.

1 & 2 seem to be working as intended.

3 working, but you lose tab history.

4 doesn't work. This is an issue that has come and gone over time if i'm not mistaken. Not sure if it's directly related to preload search results.