Disable Maxthon Pop Up Notifications

jseeley

I don't think that's what he is referring to as he said "Pop Up Notifications that appear in the lower right", not on the status bar, which are on the left. I don't see any popups in that location on the lower right, so I don't know what he is dealing with as he wasn't specific as to what the popups are about.

I wish I took a screenshot. It was a green Maxthon popup advertising to save passwords in passport or something to that effect. On my 24" screen, the messages was like 2" x 1" and it appeared just above the task bar on the right.

(My OS is Windows 7 pro... not windows xp)

So you guys never noticed this before? All of my Maxthon updates are clean installs.

To add, after each clean install of maxthon, I will only see one of these. I just X them out and they don't come back.

Could this be because I wasn't logged into my passport account?

(there we go.... I changed the UA String to default and now says win 7)

jseeley replied at 2014-12-20 12:47 back.gif

It may be something like this:

http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12727&highlight ...

Ok, yes, I do remember seeing them, but not in the last couple of releases, but they have been installed over the top of previous releases. When I installed this latest internal only version, which was a completely clean install, I did get a pop-up that there was an upgrade, but it was incorrect because it was for an older version and I haven't seen it again since I closed it. So it looks like we get them when we do clean installs.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

Seems the option to disable the popup messages, as shown in the link above, has been removed.

And clearly the popup messages haven't been removed along with it. Seems a stupid way to go about things. That said I haven't seen one of those popups for a very long time?!

Thank you guys. It may be coming from the updater app, MxUp.exe in C:\Program Files (x86)\Maxthon\Bin. In the past, as soon as I did a Maxthon clean install, I would simply rename this to MxUp.exe.OLD but now with the newer Maxthon versions, it automatically creates/regenerates a new one so renaming doesn't work any more.

• 1 month later...
  • 1 month later...

Oliver One replied at 2015-2-24 09:34 back.gif

Because you don't have Passport account. Normaly it appears one time only (I think but not sure).

I can't log into passport at work however I don't get those popups (I only got it once). I'm not sure it's linked to the passport

sigmax2.png

jseeley replied at 2015-2-24 14:48 back.gif

I just installed the latest MX 4.4.4.2000 and just got this! No way to remove these popups huh? What ...

Never seen one of those ever I think. And i'm not using a Passport account.

Try imanerds suggestion and see if that helps. Not sure how he came to that conclusion though. There doesn't seem to be a file or folder with that name.