qa.dat being downloaded every 3 second

frwb

HI

This night I let my computer runninngwith maxthon opened and doing nothing. No download, no web page opened unless the default one (qa with name (no image, no preview).

Maxthon is set to use the proxy for IE which is set to go to zscaler tower (proxy with windows login authencation)

This morning I took a look at the zscaler logs and saw 2 things :

Maxthon was downloading qa.dat every 3s during that night till 3:17pm today (meaning 1.7GB of downloaded data)

and my traffic is seen as "obfuscated"

My first question :

Why qa.dat is being downloaded so ofently ? it is not supposed to no ? I could understand that it is uploaded to the cloud for backup reason

The second one will touchy to troubleshoot from my side : why is this traffic obfuscated while it is supposed to be tag with with my username

Someone else have seen those behaviors ?

edit : here is the url taht was repeated every three second

quickaccess-dl.maxthon.com/quickaccess_template/frame/108/qa.dat?_sm_byp=iVVVSQRSS6P057VM

Hi frwb,

Welcome to the forum.

Really sorry for the inconvenience encountered.

Actually,this file is a component of QuickAccess which is updated when Maxthon is launched.

But it should be only downloaded once, and the downloaded qa.dat will replace the old one.

However if something causes its download fail then Maxthon may try to download it again.

I hope this information is useful to you.

Thanks for your support!