Maxthon never showing correct Flash version

I am so fed up of Maxthon keep claiming I'm using Adobe Flash vers 14.0.0.145 when I have the actual newer versions on. My Lawliet Firefox and PCXfirefox all recognize the right version and they're portable versions. I used to use a portable Maxthon until I decided to try an installed verion to see if that would get around this damn problem but initially on flash install it picked up the new version, since then its saying the old version again. What is going on its really angering me. Windows 8.1 latest Max 4.4.3.2000 and its been doing this on numerous other versions of Maxthon!

Dear 3011452

Thanks for reporting the issue

sorry for inconvienience

to deal with this issue and upgrade to latst vesion of flash player > go to the "\Maxthon

\Core\Webkit\Npplugins" in the Maxthon installation directory, then rename the file "NPSWF32.dll".

After that, Maxthon will use the installed version of Flash Player.

Hope that help you

have a nice day

Beso_910 replied at 2014-11-17 21:30 back.gif

Dear 3011452

Thanks for reporting the issue

sorry for inconvienience

Utter nonsense if you rename the file it still claims your using the flash 14 because the actual shockwave flash extension file your renaming is still the 14 version. Next time before you give bad advice make sure you know what you're talking about! The correct way to fix such a problem is to go into you c:\windows\syswow64\macromed\flash within there you right click and copy the NPSWF32_15_0_0_223.dll or whatever version it is (do not just drag and drop otherwise you'll lose this file from where you dragged from). Now paste that file in the c:programfiles\maxthon\core\webkit\npplugins folder. Delete the other lower version dll that is present and restart Maxthon and now all will work perfectly.

Actually both of you are right and wrong at the same time.

All you need to do is rename or delete the NPSWF32_XX_X_X_XXX.dll file. If it's not found in that folder the system installed version will be used.

Changing the name to NPSWF32.dll probably won't work as I think that is a valid filename, so it will probably still be found and used. Moving the latest version from the windows folder should work as stated, even if it's not registered in the system properly due to the filename differences. At worst it won't be found and you're back to the first point.

As shown in the image below, the Adobe Flash test page shows that 15.0.0.223 is installed and working, but the file in the Maxthon folder is an older version which has been renamed with a .org extension.

2ilftkw.png

I've been using this means since it was first found out, and it has not ever caused an issue (that I recall) with Flash not working or the wrong version being found.