I lost Bookmarks from Quick Access

Xahi4475

I have instaled again Windows Server 2003 in VMWare virtual drive to use Maxthon twice in same time but now I lost first all grouped bookmarks then all bookmarks, now I have only default bookmarks like Google, Facebook, Tweeter etc.

I had a lot of bookmarks and I need time to get them again but is it there any way to get back again my bookmarks? I mean, everything else is fine, also bookmarks from Favorites Bar. i lost only favorites from Quick Access.

Now I'm afraid I will lose more data if I use Maxthon twice same time. So you don't recommend me to use it like this? I thought it's like using cloud feature. Use Maxthon in more than 1 device. In my case it's same device, PC but still...

Can I have again my favorites? :)

P. S. I tried to install Windows 10 in virtual machine to try it but I had problem so I decided to install Windows Server 2003, my favorite OS. My purose was to use Maxthon twice in same time, I have my resaons. :)

P. S. 2. Now I'm regreted because I had chance to make another user to use Maxthon because I don't use it regularly in virtual machine so I'd save myself from risk. :(

Edit: now that I lost favorites this issue is fixed:

http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=13000&pid=68823

;P

You don't use Maxthon account? If not its a good reason to start use it - you will have cloud backup all the time.

Also Maxthon make local copy of your bookmarks in folder %AppData%/Roaming/Maxthon3/Users/guest/Favorite/favbackup (my path in Win-7, it may be different in other OS)

If you using Mx account, change the "guest" in path to your account email.

As fOrTune® said, there are backups on your system. You should be able to just copy the most recent favxxxx.dat to the folder above and replace the favorite.dat that is there. Take note of the file sizes as well. An empty fav list is very small.

I'm not sure how this affect a passport account though, as it might re-sync from the cloud? Whatever you decide to do, make copies of everything before you start playing around with it.

Using two versions at the same time may cause issues if the MX sync servers can't figure out what version is what. I'm not sure how that would work, it could be part of your issues, or it could be something else entirely.

Thanks for replies.
I didn't know that favorites are saved in local disk. I thought only on cloud. Unfortunately I think I have deleted everything with Revo Uninstaller. Well, not big deal, I had all favorites OK but only those from Quick Access gone so I started to add some I remembered, when I need others I will find them somehow, also many favorites I have added in Address Bar URL Alias.
I made other account in virtual machine's Maxthon so I won't use my main account twice at same time. Looks to be too risky.

Maxthon, the best!

Thanks for reply, BugSir007.

I said my favorites are OK but I lost favorites from Quick Access and looks like can't see them in your link. :S

For any case I recoveered them from october but favorites from Quick Access not back.

No problem. :)

P. S. Maybe moderators must rename this thread to "I lost bookmarks from Quick Access". I forgot to mention it.

Yes, I have portable version and I can see QaConfig.dat there. Maybe it works. ;P

Edit:

Yesssssss, it worked buuuuuuuuuuut, then it's back to new QA. :@

I don't touch anything, I see my old then after 1-2 seconds QA is refreshed itself and removed my favorites. I understood, it synced QA but why?

I will sign out then sign in again. Or any idea?

Edit 2: signing out and resign in didn't work then I tried to sync fast but it's impossible then I had good idea, I disabled sync of QA and now my favorites from QA are back hehehe.

But... what happens if I reenable sync QA? I tried it. I reenebaled it, synced and back to unsaved QA favorites. I don't know what to do now. ;P Fow now I keep unsynced QA data until you give me another idea.

Yeah, that's the problem with syncing. I'm not sure how exactly it figures out which one is the most recent - i'm guessing date. Because the old one probably wasn't touched for a while, MX thinks the cloud one is newer so updates it to that.

You can try disabling sync, restoring the file with all your sites, then add one new item to QA, enabling sync. That way the local version is more up to date than the cloud version. When you go to sync it should update the cloud with the updated local version. But i'm not 100% sure on that. At worst at least you've got all your sites so you can restore them all one by one if it can't be figured out.

I also updated the path to the file in the post above. I had it with the guest folder, it should be the maxthon email account name. But it seems you figured that out. Otherwise you'll only be changing the guest account, not your passport account.

OK, I add new site in my QA then I will enable sync and will se what is recent update of QA. emotion-5.gif

Edit:

Unfortunately not working. I made changes in QA then enabled it and no sync. Maybe after some time it will recognize last update. I will keep unsynced QA for while. I'm not worried since QA data is saved in local disk too, I will keep eyes on it when I reinstall Windows. :)

Even better I will install always last portable version and sync my data, I keep them in D:\ (not in C:\ where is Windows). emotion-5.gif

One question. What happenes if I delete QaSnap? I make backup and I see what happens.

I saw, nothing important, still no sync ahahaha.

Been doing some testing myself, and it seems you're right it just updates with the cloud version. Makes me wonder how it determines what the most recent/correct version is?

To my knowledge QaSnap.dat is just the screenshots of any websites if you use that option.