Maxthon Browser - How to modify Quick Access with userscripts/extensions

ElDoRado1239

Hello !

I wanted to make an extension that would enhance the Quick Access, but I cannot find a way to make my userscript (in ViolentMonkey) or even a standalone extension touch the about:blank page with Quick Access.

If I open the dev console while having QA open, I can modify it as a normal page. The problem comes when I need to target QA with the "include" attribute - can anyone please tell me how to make a script/extension fire upon opening Quick Access?

Thanks for your time.

The data for QA is in the qa.dat file here: Maxthon4\UserData\Public\QuickAccess\Frame It can be extracted using the tools in the Skins SDK thread.

It seems that it is loaded as an internal Maxthon page (mx://res/quick-access/template/public/...)

I'm not sure if/how you can access that using an extension. The other option is to directly modify the qa.dat file and offer it for downloading as has been done by zork here. But not really as accessible as the former method. Not sure if you can do anything with that info though.

Thanks, any info is useful. I have asked on Maxthon's Facebook page, but I've recieved just a short reply - to sum it up, they said it cannot be accessed right now, only modded like you say. They didn't elaborate though, so thanks for that.

I have my hands full with ImageView+ right now anyway. Then I'll try to look into this further. QA has remained the same for quite a long time and it could use a few improvements/changes.

My main goal is to allow users to define their own QA thumbs. I managed to do that using the console - I just can't make the script run automatically.