Maxthon not approved for "Banco do Brasil" site.

DomCas

Maxthon not approved for "Banco do Brasil" site.

This issue is very specific to Maxthon users who are holders of the Bank of Brazil.

Does someone can access your account at BB using Maxthon?

Have you tried it on Ultra and Retro Mode without success.

I can normally access using Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera.

Number of agency to be informed and account security module would be installed.

Both as a Retro Ultra gives error. I called the bank that advises not approve Maxthon.

-----------------------

Você não possui instalado nesta máquina o Módulo de Segurança do BB para este navegador de internet.

Este módulo tem como objetivo proteger seu computador enquanto você utiliza o autoatendimento internet, evitando que programas maliciosos tenham acesso a seus dados confidenciais. Ele só é instalado em seu computador se você aceitar e é ativado assim que a página do Banco do Brasil é acessada. Nesse momento todas as proteções serão carregadas e seu computador estará protegido enquanto você estiver realizando suas transações eletrônicas.

A instalação deste módulo levará apenas alguns segundos. Instale agora mesmo e você estará ainda mais seguro para realizar suas transações.

Clique aqui para instalar.

----------------------------------------

Dear Odyssee

If you want to test instalation of security module , below the agency number and valid account. Belong to one of those churches seeking donations - if you please make a small donation. hahahaha

Banco do Brasil

Agência: 1512-1

Conta Corrente: 7107-2

DomCas replied at 2014-11-3 21:19 back.gif

Dear Odyssee

If you want to test instalation of security module , below the agency number and valid ...

:o unfortunately I coudn't make any donation as my browser is not compatible with the security module

post-410855-14315122049433_thumb.png

sigmax2.png

I could not install the security module both in Ultra mode as in Retro mode.

Following the suggestion of Odysee changed the User Agent to Chrome and so also not installed.

It seems unreasonable that the Opera being accepted to install it based on the same engine and Maxthon not accepted. The same happens with IE, Chrome and Firefox that accept install security module.

After all, what's wrong with Maxthon?

DomCas replied at 2014-11-4 21:51 back.gif

After all, what's wrong with Maxthon?Nothing.

1. I don't see the point of all these downloads & extensions etc. Seems a very convoluted way just to have extra security on your account. Curious if other banks have the same systems in place. I thought 2-factor authentication was standard if requested now? eg. you get a code sent to your phone which you need to enter when logging in.

2. The reason it won't work is that when you run the installer it installs some random security software (which now i have to try and get rid of). It also installs an ActiveX control for IE and browser extensions for Chrome or Firefox if detected. When you get to the "Instalação da extensão do navegador" (Installing the browser extension) page, it tries to install a Chrome extension which obviously won't work. More than likely the browser was detected as Chrome instead of Maxthon, so you get the download page instead of an error.

3. The reason Opera works is that it's based on Chromium and uses the same extension system, so most if not all Chrome extensions work on it. Maxthon uses it's own extension model although very similar, isn't able to load Chrome extensions.

4. Retro Mode more than likely doesn't work (shows an error) as I don't think ActiveX controls are allowed or available in Maxthon.

So basically you have a few options:

Choose another bank that doesn't force you to use all this installed stuff.

Ask the bank to create an extension for Maxthon (but they probably won't because the userbase just wouldn't be big enough).

It may be possible for someone to create a Maxthon version of the Chrome extension, but that takes someone with some knowledge, time and effort to do so.

Use another browser when you want to do your banking.

7twenty replied at 2014-11-5 04:51 back.gif

Nothing.

1. I don't see the point of all these downloads & extensions etc. Seems a very convoluted ...

"Use another browser when you want to do your banking "

I was very happy with their analysis.

Allow me a few comments:

1) The Bank of Brazil responded to my questions about his security module is not comprehensive it is so comprehensive that endorses the major browsers (IE, Chrome and Firefox) and other browsers compatible with leading, Opera, for example)

2. I can not change the paying bank. Get retirement pensions by BB.

3. The Bank is the official bank of Brazil has huge network of agencies, serves all state (Petrobras, Eletrobras, Furnas, BNDES, etc.) All major companies have a bank account if they have suppliers or business with the federal government .

4. Looks like a big marketing mistake Maxthon forgo a country with over 200 million inhabitants suggesting that seek other browser.

5. Technical support from BB misunderstand my insistence on wearing a Chinese browser Maxthon since I have the Chrome, IE, Firefox and Opera browsers work perfectly with BB.

1. I don't think the security module is directly browser related (could be wrong though). The extensions are what interact between it and the browser if i'm not mistaken, so if you can get the extension working everything should be fine. At the end of the day market share talks and Maxthon just doesn't have the same share or limelight as the others.

4. Not sure what you are getting at with that comment? Maxthon creates the browser and users/companies decide whether they want to use it and/or create extensions for it. Maxthon is in no way suggesting you use another browser, that is my personal view given the situation at hand, but in reality is the only option in the short term. This isn't about marketing, it's simply developer support.

As it stands unless the bank/security module provider creates a Maxthon extension, or Maxthon takes it upon themselves to create one or possibly work with them to do so, then I fail to see any way the current setup will work with Maxthon.

5. Tech support can be like that. As far as they're concerned the product works and you have access to it. They don't need to do anything more.

As stated above, those are the options that I see at this point in time. Apart from you requesting the bank to provide support I fail to see how Maxthon can do much about the problem, but good to see BugSir007's response.

Clarifying some points:

When I opened this thread I thought I was committing some fault in the set Maxthon, then appealed to other users of Maxthon mostly Brazilians.

"This issue is very specific to Maxthon users who are holders of the Bank of Brazil"

When Odyssee said that "my browser is not compatible with the security module" already feared was not only configuration issue, but compatibility.

7twenty posted when it became clear that he actually tried to install the security module in both Utra / Retro modes and also not successful. The suggestion "Use another browser When You want to of your banking." deduced that we went back to square one. Two Global moderators international forum Maxthon were finding that the Bank of Brazil was not available for Maxthon users.

The Maxthon, from what I understand, makes efforts to enter various countries, including Brazil markets, hence we have translations for "PT-BR" to ambassadors in Brazil.

Let's imagine that I, Brazilian, had created a browser in Portuguese. Sometime later rode offices in the US to internationalize my browser. Suddenly discover that my browser is not compatible with the most important Bank of China. Like giving up a huge market potential consumer? It is clear that at least would try to contact you by email with the Bank of China to circumvent the impasse.

based on Chromium (like Chrome and Opera), so there is no reason why it shouldn't work -

Dear 7twenty

I appreciate your willingness to clarify our doubts.

1. From what I know, Maxthon uses Blink. Before using webkit.

- Blink is the rendering engine used by Chromium.

- Why it works in one and not the other?

2. And the Maxthon1 (Classic) which is based on the Trident, will not let you install because?

DomCas replied at 2014-11-7 07:29 back.gif

1. From what I know, Maxthon uses Blink. Before using webkit.

- Blink is the rendering engine used by Chromium.

- Why it works in one and not the other?That is true. But Blink/Webkit is only part of what Chromium is. Blink/Webkit is only the renderer, basically what reads the website code and displays it onscreen. Everything outside of that is Maxthon's own code, including the extension system, although even Blink is modified by Maxthon to some degree, that isn't the cause of this issue.

As you may have noted with running Chromium clones, Chromium is basically the whole browser (renderer/UI/extensions/settings). The only differences might be some UI differences and some minor modifications that the developer might add, like extra security or social media options.

That is why it works in Chromium clones and not Maxthon.

If you're into cars, you can think of it like this: Blink is the chassis, and everything else (body/interior/engine) is what Maxthon adds. With Chromium, the dev gets the whole car, but might add window tinting or offer more paint colours.

2. And the Maxthon1 (Classic) which is based on the Trident,  will not let you install because?I haven't tested with that, so can't say for sure.

Just did some testing with ActiveX in Retro and it seems it does work and isn't disabled as I first thought. Quite possibly needs to be installed within Maxthon in Retro rather than using the installer they provide as it might not hook into MX for some reason.