Maxthon opening wrong website

QIK5L

I get the same as above on every browser I tried.

I'd say it's a DNS issue, could be they changed servers/domain names or something and it hasn't updated.

You can try opening a CMD window and doing an ipconfig /flushdns. Either way, it's not a Maxthon problem as far as I can see.

DARKSTORM replied at 2014-10-25 17:54 back.gif

Had a problem like this alike but not only in one site but every site, I click a link, another link ...

clkmon is just a clicker tracker.

it can, yes, be a dns issue, but it could also, in many cases be an ARP poisoning/spoofing attack.

Why not clear the arp cache, too?

As for addons, if they are adding clkmon, it should probably be an issue they would wanna look into, at least a suggestion, because it's shady practice and bordering on, if not precisely, a violation.

cooltext.png

DARKSTORM replied at 2014-10-25 14:54 back.gif

Had a problem like this alike but not only in one site but every site, I click a link, another link ...

Hi,

Happy to hear that you found out the solution.

What addons were causing this issue please? We'll conduct a test to see what is going wrong.

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your support!

It's already been a long time since it happened, I was still using chrome that time, maybe I got it from untrusted installers with evo-gen I think?

The extension was installed in chrome and has transfered to Maxthon, Tried contacting clkmon and they said it may be an extension, Just watch out for some extensions installed that you do not know what its use or has weird name