The picture icons from the favorite bar is missing

Hi

This was not the case say a week or so before but recently I see that the the picture icons from the favorite bar is missing completely.

Pl. see the attached picture .

could anyone tell me whats happened here and how do I get the picture icons back.

normally if one frequents the sites again the picture icon comes up automatically but in my case I am able to got to the sites but the icons remain bland. so right now my favorite bar is cluttered with text (to remind me which icon goes to which site) and I am running out of space to add (say) new site icons.

Thanks in advance

post-17236441-14315121959169_thumb.jpg

Hi

Thx. for the Tip !:)

but I think there must be something seriously wrong here with my maxthon :L

I have attached a scrn. shot(image # 1) and the box update is seems to be stuck because qua progress there is no progress or activity happening. I have refreshed the sites while the site icon update box is open but there seems to be no activity going on here. :curse:

and neither am I getting any response on hitting the status button (image 2)

am I a gone case here :loveliness: or does it indeed take a long time to for the progress to sence itself and take place.(one can see the pause button suggesting that the process is on)

any ideas ? ( I am on Version: 4.4.1.5000 btw)

Thx.

post-17236441-14315121960318_thumb.jpg

post-17236441-14315121960622_thumb.jpg

Hello there,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in Maxthon.

It seems that you site icon folder might be corrupted.

You can go to \AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public\SiteIcon delete this folder, restart your browser and try again.

I hope this would help you.

Thanks for your support!

• Like 1

Also make sure that none of the sites require password access, otherwise you need to login so it updates the icon. The dialog might be behind the icon update one. Had that happen to me a few times where it looks like it's stuck, but was just waiting for the login.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-10-22 19:10 back.gif

Hello there,

Welcome to the forum and thank you for your interest in Maxthon.

It seems that you site ...

Hi Thx.

it s a bit queer, I dont see any SiteIcon folder at all in the first place. (see image)

in fact there s nothing for me to delete:@

I thought I will delete the whole public folder in that case, but hereafter Maxthon would not start.( I have in the mean time put the Public folder back on line)

and no , none of the sites require a pwd. they are just normal sites like BBC, CNN. some news channels etc.

do you suggest that I reinstall maxthon ?

post-17236441-14315121969144_thumb.jpg

17236441 replied at 2014-10-23 18:16 back.gif

Hi Thx.

it s a bit queer, I dont see any SiteIcon folder at all in the first place. (see image)

The path to your public folder doesn't look right?

It should be in the system appdata folder:

C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public

or the userdata folder in the Maxthon folder if you're using the portable version:

C:\Maxthon\UserData\Public

7twenty replied at 2014-10-23 02:59 back.gif

The path to your public folder doesn't look right?

It should be in the system appdata folder:

ok Thx.

so I finally reached there and on the delete action , It wont delete the folder or its content and I get the following:(see image, ...in english its the default windows pop-up saying, retry or cancel)

basically its telling me :

theres an address fault at 0x800.. : the folder is damaged and not readable

I have closed maxthon and tried to delete the folder...nope it keeps giving me this error & wont let me delete the folder

so finally we have pinned it down and there is something wrong as I can not delete this folder or its content

...is it file corruption ??

post-17236441-14315121970043_thumb.jpg

Firstly, you shouldn't be deleting anything of a program when it's running - even though it should warn you if it's in use.

Secondly, it seems you have found the problem.

Reboot your system (if you haven't already since posting) and see if Windows asks for a disk check to be performed. If it doesn't then open an explorer window, right-click on the drive that Maxthon is installed on > Properties > Tools > Error Checking - press the check button.

Windows should hopefully find and fix any disk issues causing the problem. You should then be able to delete the file.

will do the above when back at home today(just for the records here: i also did try to delete the folder while Maxthon was closed(no joy) & I am not on a portable version).

but I know we are getting there eventually :lol

Thanks for all the help here folks !

and I will report back.:loveliness:

it worked like a charm !

for the records:

rebooted-->pc suggested a disc control to be executed-->done--->go to :C:\Users\\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Public --->deleted the siteicon folder-->started Maxthon--->went through each 'blank' site --->all icons were now picked up

Issue closed :)

Thanks to all !