Where on my Windows computer does Maxthon keep my saved tabs?

Hi conceptualclarity,

Thank you for reaching out.

Unless you have set your browser to auto clear last session on exit, otherwise your last tabs should be stored in \\Application Data\Maxthon3\Users\\History\lastabs.dat .

Please make sure your clear last session option box is not ticked, as shown in the below image.

Also, i would like to know what you find in about:last page?

Looking forward to hearing from you.

Thanks for your support!

post-30503264-14315121952637_thumb.png

Thank you very much for your response, BugSir007.

Please make sure your clear last session option box is not ticked, as shown in the below image

I had not noticed that set of options, it would seem. I found that "Clear last session" is not checked.

This is bizarre : "Clear browsing history" was checked. But I do have at least a number of weeks, it appears, of my browsing history. How do you explain that? (I am unchecking that box.)

Also, i would like to know what you find in about:last page?

I have been relying on about:last to keep my Maxthon sessions, like one brings up the tabs from last time on other browsers. But once every now and then when there's a crash or a stressful shutdown, Maxthon kills those stored links. This happened last night. My system was nearly frozen because my anti-virus Roboscan was going crazy on CPU Usage. I thought the best thing to do was to shut down Maxthon as soon as possible. Wrong. Even though I was able to click Maxthon out--it didn't immediately respond--seeing my about:last page now, it has lost all of my links except for the 4 things I had opened as tabs.

This has happened so much I have started taking screenshots of my about:last page to aid in restoration. But it will be a lot of trouble.

Compounding my problems with the about:last page, whenever this happens and I check "Earlier Session" I get absolutely nothing. It seems like "Earlier Session" ought to be just the thing to give me back my lost links. Can you help me with that problem?

Another thing: the tendency with crashes is for Maxthon to keep the links that were actually open as tabs and kill all the rest. But it doesn't keep one of those open tabs : the about:last page from last time. (I always keep about:last open throughout my Maxthon session.) If Maxthon worked like Gecko browsers, it would keep the previous about:last tab in this circumstance and one could use it to recover all those links that didn't get returned on the current about:last page.

it has lost all of my links except for the 4 things I had opened as tabs.Unless that is explained wrong, that is how the last tabs page works. It keeps a list of the last tabs that were opened when Maxthon is closed.

If you want other tabs that were open previously then history is where you should be looking. Earlier Tabs should have a list of the last tabs left open prior to the most recent close.

This is bizarre : "Clear browsing history" was checked. But I do have at least a number of weeks, it appears, of my browsing history. How do you explain that? (I am unchecking that box.)

Browsing History will be there unless you tick "Auto clear on exit" or click "Clear now " to confirm.:)

You fellows must have a different configuration from mine.

Earlier Tabs should have a list of the last tabs left open prior to the most recent close.

I have not for a very long time seen anything at all at Earlier Session on my Maxthon.

Unless that is explained wrong, that is how the last tabs page works. It keeps a list of the last tabs that were opened when Maxthon is closed.

If you want other tabs that were open previously then history is where you should be looking.

That is not how Last Tabs has been working for me. It has kept a cumulative list of leftover links, excepting of course the ones I choose to delete. This is a lot better way than hunting for things in History.

So, anybody have any ideas on how to get Earlier Session to actually work for me?

Will you pass on up the chain the idea to keep the about:last tab from last time as one of the saved links on about:last to aid in restoration of lost links like one can do with an about:sessionrestore in a Gecko browser?