Maxthon site incompatibility

I have posted this message with Opera, sorry.

When I go to the morsecode.me page, it displays fine in Maxthon, with no difference to Chrome. But when I try to key up (either via mouse clicks on "key" or via keyboard keys like space bar or return key), the sound in Maxthon is not generated "in real time". There is a varying delay after pressing and after releasing buttons.

Chrome, on the other hand, immediately reacts to my pressing or releasing the key.

In effect, I can morse with Chrome - but I cannot morse with Maxthon.

P.S. I do realize that one the page it says that only Chrome works, currently. But I would love to uninstall Chrome again: Right now, I am only using it for morsecode.me, and not for anything else. It would be great if Maxthon could handle this site too. :)

I'm not sure if I'm understanding the update strategy of Maxthon correctly.

When opening "About", it showed me "v4.4.1.5000" with the remark "everything is up-to-date".

I therefore just searched manually and ran a manual update via install from the Maxthon page. Now I have version v4.4.2.2000´, and again it's telling me that everything is up-to-date. Is there a way to have Maxthon automatically update to the latest version - I mean to the really latest version, not something in between?

And, is there a way to get back my quick access settings? These seem to have been ruined in the update process.

P.S. What's making me really nervous is this:

When I'm logged in at morsecode.me both with Maxthon *and* with Chrome, and if I then key up with Maxthon, then not only the Maxthon morser, but also the Chrome morser starts to make sounds - with the pitch of the Chrome morser, even if the Chrome morser is on a different channel (!!!). And that, not even simultaneously, but rather randomly. I wonder what's going wrong there??

4.4.2.2000 is the latest stable version. You cannot automatically update to beta using the updater; you need to manually download it. The big difference between the 4.4.1 series and the 4.4.2 series is the change in QA. There are other treads discussing this issue. (sorry I can't help you with the QA- I don't use it)

Archived