How to make mxskin?

Checkout the info & attachment in the first post of this thread. http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-804-1-1.html

The attachment includes a basic tutorial on how everything works along with the required files. If you understand HTML/CSS you shouldn't have any issues with it.

Just be aware there is no GUI for accessing skins in MX4. They can only be installed by clicking the skin file which will give you a prompt asking if you would like to install the skin.

loooping8 replied at 2014-10-8 23:45 back.gif

Before there was some Tutorials but they are gone

http://forum.maxthon.com/home.php?mod=space&ui ...

The tutorials are still in place on the forum. Do a search of the forum using "tutorial" as your keyword. You'll get a list of tutorials including the Masthon Master Tutorial Post at http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=7716&highlight=tutorial>.

This will give more than just skin tutorials, but there are quite a fewskin tutorials including the one 7twenty mentions, which I found very helpful.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-10-9 12:02 back.gif

The tutorials are still in place on the forum. Do a search of the forum using "tutorial" as your ...

Great... except for I can't read any of the tutorials as this is the message I get:

(Note: The turtorial content is removed because this thread is locked by system. If you want to read the content, ask the admins to unlock this thread.)

15731837 replied at 2014-10-10 15:12 back.gif

Great... except for I can't read any of the tutorials as this is the message I get:

(Note: The tur ...

Sorry those posts have been deleted. But the MX3/4 Skin SDK mentioned by 7twenty in http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=redirect&goto=findpost&ptid=13161&pid=69647&fromuid=17653568 is the basic starting point. The missing posts were tightly focused descriptions of applying the SDK to achieve certain specific goals in a skin.

I hadn't followed the links in my search results and didn't discover their absence.a

>

it was suggested long ago that there was a section created for helpful posts where things like skin help posts could be moved for future reference and use - like most things at this place it was said to be a great idea and then nothing happened

if its not social media rubbish nobody from the 'team' is interested so why should posters be bothered

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

Why were the tutorial removed? I don't see how the violated any terms and at the same time I feel like they would have been greatly beneficial in helping out the community make more skins.

Is there a better skin that I can work off of other than "My First Skin"? As that theme makes the tab on the bottom and adds a few extra things. Without a proper tutorial, I'm not sure if I can skin Maxthon efficiently.

there are no tutorials - theres comments and bits and pieces from other users - the old forum had some more info - not sure if its still accessible - but thats about it - start by looking at the skin in UI.dat - you need to unpack it and start there - looking at other skisns done by users is not the right way to start for a few reasons - 1st being that a user skin file will only contain the parts that user want to modify - the rest which is not modified will be called from UI.dat

so unpack the file and look at the dir titles - they indicate which part of the skin they control - then open the dir and the files in there show how that area is broken down

its a learning curve - alter something and see - it will work or not - save as you go and learn

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

15731837 replied at 2014-10-12 00:04 back.gif

Is there a better skin that I can work off of other than "My First Skin"? As that theme makes the tab on the bottom and adds a few extra things. Without a proper tutorial, I'm not sure if I can skin Maxthon efficiently.You should read the details in the SDK documentation as it offers a lot of information about how things work and options you have. Also the more you know of HTML/CSS the easier it is to work with.

As tony. said working with the standard UI.dat is probably the best. Documentation shows how to extract this.

In general:

HTML files dictate the components of an element. Eg. the navbar consists of the navigation buttons, address bar, search box. Each of those components can be added/removed from the navbar element.

CSS files dictates how everything looks (size, placement, colour etc.)

*my terminology is probably off, but it should get the point across.