Some recent issues: spell-checks and youtube download

For some reason, I don't get spell-checks anymore, no matter where I type and what I type.

Speaking of spell-checks , it would be great to have one that has the ability to predicts the next word. It would also be great if Maxthon could import dictionaries from other apps, such as OpenOffice and maybe others.

It can also be nice if Maxthon itself would offer the downloads within itself.

Another issue that's a bit annoying is on Youtube:

1. videos (usually) cannot be saved anymore using the floating bar. It says 0 bytes, and it really downloads a 0 byte file...

2. right clicking on the video doesn't always show the context menu. I think this is related to Flash itself. However, when it occurs and I make the video float (using the floating bar), it allows to show the context menu upon right clicking.

3. I remember there was a time that the floating bar also had the ability to speed flash content. Why was it removed?

4. Please make HTML5 videos be able to have the floating bar, which will also allow to make the video float.

I don't get spell-checks anymore, no matter where I type and what I type.Have you tried turning spell check off/on? Or selecting another language and then back to your main one?

It can also be nice if Maxthon itself would offer the downloads within itself.I agree with this. The way it is currently is very clumsy having a link to the forum and needing to copy the file yourself. It needs to be integrated like every other browser. Can't imagine it would be hard - they just need a popup dialog that lists the files on their server, select one and it downloads to the correct folder.

1. videos (usually) cannot be saved anymore using the floating bar. It says 0 bytes, and it really downloads a 0 byte file...I don't think this has been updated for a while, and in the meantime new streaming methods have been used which Maxthon doesn't understand, which gives you 0 byte, or multiple XXX mb files instead of the complete one. Definitely needs work.

2. right clicking on the video doesn't always show the context menu. I think this is related to Flash itself. However, when it occurs and I make the video float (using the floating bar), it allows to show the context menu upon right clicking.Yes, an ongoing issue related to Flash and gestures. Apparently being worked on... but it's been a long time. Thread here:http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=12196

3. I remember there was a time that the floating bar also had the ability to speed flash content. Why was it removed?As I recall it was only ever a test released on one or two versions. Latest I recall reading was that they wanted to improve it - but then others have said it's no long being worked on?!

4. Please make HTML5 videos be able to have the floating bar, which will also allow to make the video float.Has been requested a few times, and was noted by BugSir007 that it's in the pipeline... hopefully sooner rather than later. Would make the float bar much more useful seeing as HTML5 video is becoming more and more common.

0. Spellchecking was working fine before, and I never chose a different language as I don't have other languages there.

Now I've checked the settings. It was still enabled, but for some reason the language being chosen is "select a language" instead of English.

When I chose "English", it worked again...

Weird. I have no idea why it went this way.

1. yes, for now I use a script for that, inside GreaseMonkey.

2. Oh, thank you.

3. Too bad. It was a very cool feature. Wonder if it's possible to do it on HTML5 stuff too (or at least videos used this way).

4. Yes. Thank you.

5. I've also noticed something went wrong with the Magic-Fill feature. Sometimes it doesn't record what I've written (or actually can't auto-fill) .

Sometimes it needs me to manually tell it to auto-fill.

Archived