Send to Kindle

alex.75

Assuming it would involve some sort of API, and the fact I do NOT have a kindle (I prefer OLD-FASHIONED books, and have too many to count - to the point that my mother forces me to give up a book for every one I add to my collection; so it's more like a trade than an addition, and so I don't buy anymore books. It's hard to explain without the person SEEING the books NOT fitting on TOP of the bookshelf, on the 4 shelves of the bookshelf, and even with things stuffed sideways and upside down, etc., into all of the shelves, then a bookshelf downstairs with 4 shelves, with books inside AND on-top, and ON the FLOOR, on the SOFA, then in my backpack (not just talking college textbooks which I don't really use anyway), inside the cabinet that holds the TV on top, in my desk drawers, in my dresser drawers, in my nightstand drawers, in the basement in 5 boxes filled to the brim EACH, AND 6 piles that are MORE than HALF my height - though I'm short --- and then on TOP my nightstand, ON TOP my dresser, ON TOP my desk, and UNDER my desk, in my CLOSET, and some inside some OTHER hiding places, which I will NOT reveal (such as UNDER the sofa....OOOOOOOOOOOPS).....anyway, so....I don't think I would be able to create such an extension, but I will look into it I suppose.:D:):D

cooltext.png

@Imanerd "Send to Kindle" is very useful with RSS/articles, more than books it can substitute newspapers. :)

I'll take a look on the SDK (3 year ago I created a simple plug-in for MX 2.x for collect all images in a page, I remember it was simple). If the creation of .epub (or .mobi) can be made with a third-party library, it should not be an hard work, maybe only the selection of the "element" in the page will be necessary. This is an immediate idea, for sure it is better to see on existent add-on to get the right way.

I do not promise anything.

Anyway, if I'll start something I'll post here the Github or Bitbucket URL.

Thanks to all.

Imanerd replied at 2013-4-15 14:51 back.gif

Assuming it would involve some sort of API, and the fact I do NOT have a kindle (I prefer OLD-FASHIO ...

Sadly the thing is that: books, you have all of them for whenever. Kindles - if you lose or break that, you lose all your books, unless of course you have a backup...though of course, I don't have a good working knowledge of kindles, so I can't say for certainly whether or not there's such a system already doing that set-up by Amazon or e-book suppliers.

Also because I don't think I could ever get the hang of it. I may like technology -but there's certain technology I don't want - aka, kindles and smartphones. Never could figure them out, don't really want to. As for the lengthy description, I REALLY was NOT kidding. That's how many I have and how disorganized I am.

cooltext.png

Imanerd replied at 2013-4-16 07:15 back.gif

Sadly the thing is that: books, you have all of them for whenever. Kindles - if you lose or break ...

Who have a Kindle have Calibre (or use Amazon free space "attached" to the Kindle-account). To put something on Kindle you have to download it or transfer by USB, thus, in the Kindle there is a "copy".

Kindle have less than 2GB for store (basic Kindle), so to lose this amount of data from your HD/Cloud you have to WANT to lose it.

I buy a good desktop every 5 years and I use a stupid cellphone only for voice calls, I'm not interested on smartphones, tablets and this kind of technology too, but 80€ (or 80$) for a new Kindle was a very well spent last year. The integrated dictionaries are really useful for me.

30-50% of my Kindle books are about IT.

Archived