Block popup from specifik website

kor4

How can I block popups from a specifik website?

Ex. i go to www.123.com. then after a while a window pops up from www.123.com. how to block anything that pops up from www.123.com ? (I dont want to block the website 123.com , only the popups that site opens.)

I am sure i need to edit something in the blocking rules but i don't know what to type in there and there is no information about how to use this.

I am using latest version of Maxthon.

Thank you!!!

It would be easier if you supplied the page that is causing the issue (assuming it's family friendly :) ).

You can try adding *.yyy.com* (url of the popup page) to the rules for www.123.com, but generally it's more complicated than that.

Basically you need to find how the popup is being called. You can have a look in the webpage source (F12) for the URL of the popup, but it can be quite difficult at times depending on how it's coded.

7twenty replied at 2014-9-14 19:34 back.gif

It would be easier if you supplied the page that is causing the issue (assuming it's family friendly ...

javascript fuels popups. in theory, if you block the culprit js, you've blocked the popup. you however can't block them via css elements.

cooltext.png

Archived