Is it possible to get the OLD QA mod for Mx 4.4.2.xxxx??

Alon C.

I'm wondering the same thing so I can figure out why I'm LOSING the New QA features. When doing a clean install of MX4, I carry over certain folders saved from my previous version to retain my settings, favs, passwords, etc. and somewhere along the line, I'm losing my new QA features and end up with the old style QA.

Folders carried over:

(C:\Users\user\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\guest)

AdFilter

Config

Favorite

MagicFill

UserDict

Thanks

I would like to have the OLD QA mod for Mx 4.4.2.xxxx (for Win PC) PLEASE.

Is it possible??Technically it should be. You should be able to just copy the QA files from the old version and replace the new ones. Not sure of the exact location - someone else might be able to point you in the right direction.

somewhere along the line, I'm losing my new QA features and end up with the old style QA.If that list is the only folders being carried over I can't see why that would occur, as it doesn't look like any QA stuff is in any of those folders.

A quick test is to make a backup copy of your folder, then copy over one folder at a time, starting MX in between each to see which folder causes the problem.

Technically it should be. You should be able to just copy the QA files from the old version and replace the new ones. Not sure of the exact location - someone else might be able to point you in the right direction.

dont think so - the early versions of the builds with the new QA had the old files and dirs still in the build so they have disabled the call to it - it may be possible with changing things like Maxthon.dll - thats what i did to get skins working in 4 when it was first released

so its mess and hope - keep a backup and nothing is lost

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

tony. replied at 2014-9-16 17:06 back.gif

dont think so - the early versions of the builds with the new QA had the old files and dirs still ...

until it broke because the dll uses totally separate code base.

you can't forget a dll has to export functions, and when you change the dll for an old one, it's calling old functions and not calling the new ones.

the NEW qa as opposed to the old one, you could always change out the unpacked quick access folder, then keep everything else, thus old QA but new page.dat. I have homework, however, to attend to, and I haven't updated my tweak for page.dat in the longest time, so...............p.s., word of advice, change the jquery to async, it's better for everyone.

cooltext.png

Thanks guys. I clean installed again after having trouble logging into this forum. I don't know what the culprit was but everything seems to be working fine again.

I'm curious. I believe a few versions ago, the second QA loaded, it had some sort of "jello" or "blob" effect where all shortcut panel contents enlarged and snapped back at the same time. I don't see that anymore. Does anyone remember that?

7twenty replied at 2014-9-16 23:11 back.gif

Technically it should be. You should be able to just copy the QA files from the old version and repl ...

Hi 7twenty,

ThX for the Answ, but I wonder where is this "someone else" ....

...... HELLO Mr. "someone else", wakeup buddy Plzzz.. Lolllll :lol

Archived