×

Give a tip

AdHunter not working


17631156

Recommended Posts

Despite my best efforts to try and get it to work, AdHunter is basically useless for me. There is seemingly absolutely no way for me to block all ads without actually creating an entire filter list myself. I am subscibed to the global list, I have added the filter list in the stickied threads, I have added the global list onto the stickied list, I have added global rules specifically for youtube on to the stickied list, I have tried adfender, as well as tried violent monkey but there are not relevant scripts.

Is there anything else I can do to remove ads? This browser has been anti ad-block for years now, it's getting ridiculous. This extension never worked properly in the first place...this browser has evolved to the point of usability...but without the ad blocking capability it's not worth my time.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

you can use admuncher payed or kraked, it's very good thing and you stay free to use maxthon's hunter some time(muncher doesn't work with https)

best way for maxthon's adds rules is use each own rules for each own page, or wait maxthon updates of global list, if no use 3rd party blockers

devs of muncher say, what they remove all antihack code in v5, so it's will be freeware for full version, but nobody know when this shall happen

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

  • 2 weeks later...

As another U.S. user, I'm right there with you. The adhunter rules that can be "subscribed" to comprise a very short list, and seem geared almost entirely towards Chinese websites. Manually making your own list is an arduous process at best, and adhunter's heuristic blocking just doesn't cut it most of the time. I tried manually adding a very long list of rules derived from ABP to adhunter a while back, but since those rules arent site-specific, I had to put them all in the "global rules" tab. There were 100,000+ rules, and afterwards, most ads disappeared, but Maxthon was unusably slow.

What this browser could really use would be someone taking the time to port ezlist or fanboy's adblock list to a set of maxthon-compatible rules, and then keep that list up to date. That, or release an actual ABP/ABE plugin for the browser.

Tip   Give
Link to comment
Share on other sites

Archived

This topic is now archived and is closed to further replies.