YouTube problem solution

I solved the problem!!  Here's what I did:

I removed the very latest version of Maxthon from my system and installed version  v.4.0.0.2000.

Everything works perfectly now.

And Maxthon,  please STOP releasing beta versions if you're going to release them officially with just a change of name.  Maxthon is actually getting worse with every release.

Mist001 replied at 2014-8-29 09:26 back.gif

I removed the very latest version of Maxthon from my s ...

Obviously it's nothing Maxthon did to cause this issue. I've been using (and continue to use) the same Maxthon version (4.4.2.1400) for the last few weeks with my settings unchanged. Everything worked fine on Youtube using HTML5 until yesterday. YOUTUBE CHANGED something in the last 24+ hours.

Maxthon started to use YT with flash player as default player.That's odd, as for me at least and all the talk from a while back they were forcing HTML5.

The bad thing is that HTML5 enabled the option to play in window does not appearAt this stage it seems you have 2 options - set it to use HTML5 and lose popup support, or use the Youtube Centre extension, set it to force Flash video which will allow pop up support.

Mist001 replied at 2014-8-29 09:26 back.gif

I removed the very latest version of Maxthon from my s ...

The name change is removing the word 'beta' from the final product. Can you tell me what sense there is in releasing beta products and then releasing final products that don't work as they're supposed to? This forum is littered with examples, not just YouTube but many problems. All they do is remove the word 'beta' then release it otherwise if they were proper betas and final releases, the problems would have been fixed before release.

Mist001 replied at 2014-8-30 09:30 back.gif

The name change is removing the word 'beta' from the final product. Can you tell me what sense th ...

If you look at the changelogs there are updates/changes made at every release. Although I also which some more time was spent on some bugs, there are generally quite a few fixes in most releases. And in the case of Youtube as is being discussed, it's something that may or may not be a Maxthon issue - at least not directly.

You also have to remember that browsers and most programs are now almost forever in beta. They are constantly updated. Things don't work like they did 20 even 10 years ago, where you would release something feature complete, then release an updated or new version 6/12/18months later.

Archived