Question on download

Hi and welcome here,

not sure to understand your question

when you download a file twice or more, maxthon saves them as "***.*** (1)", then "***.***(2)" and so on

if you don't want to get multiple files, maybe delete the previous ?

sigmax2.png

26655342 replied at 2014-8-17 02:23 back.gif

But i believe that the standard option, to overwrite or create a new file though, there is no.!

Hi,

Welcome to the forum.

With Maxthon download manger ,there is no option to overwrite a file download.

Would you tell us why you want to overwrite your download ?

Anyway, your feedback will be recorded as a request and I'll make sure it reaches our product manager for further consideration.

Thanks.

In my opinion this could be a useful feature! Great idea. Maybe there could be some inconspicuous button, which would show expanded menu with options like this one.

Also it would be great to have option to choose if the Download manager window should appear every time I start download ;-)

There's a few reasons as to why it should be offered, but if nothing else it's a standard option going back to the days of DOS right through to win8.1 that is still valid. If a file/folder is found with the same name it will ask you overwrite? Yes/No?

Zugi's suggestion is good - have an option "Overwrite duplicate files?" If selected it overwrites, else it creates a new file with (1) etc added.

Archived