Can't use "NoAds" plugin anymore

up until a month or two ago, I used "NoAds" plugin to block specific parts of websites .

Sadly, no only it stopped working, but it's not available anymore on the maxthon addons website:

http://extension.maxthon.com/server/go.php?guid={1DE327E1-7F48-47AA-971A-C226767239C6}

Also, as I've written before (here), Maxthon's built-in ad-blocking (and popup-blocking) is still lacking customization and functionality as it had in the past.

So now I can barely block any ads and popups...

Speaking of what I've written, for some reason I can't reply to old threads there anymore - it says I don't have enough points... why is that? I've tested it here and here .

Hi UFO106 ,

I can't find "NoAds" extension either. Maybe the authoer removed it.

You can try Maxthon"Blck by Click" feature, it works fine.

For teh reply problem, I guess it's because it has been long time nobody replied there.

The threds auto close when no new replies are made for at least 30 days.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-8-12 01:20 back.gif

Hi UFO106 ,

I can't find "NoAds" extension either. Maybe the authoer removed it.

You can try Maxthon ...

"block by click" works partially, only on images/flash content, but not on other HTML-tags.

Sometimes it doesn't block at all.

I remember that in the past there was even a better addon (I think its name was "BlockIt"), that once you choose an area, you could expand/shrink the area it is about to block (by trying to figure out the tag - parent or child, that the user chose).

I wish it was this sophisticated, but for now it can barely even block things I let it to block...

About old threads, this doesn't explain why I can't reply to them. So what if it's old? other people could also read it...

Archived