Give a tip

maxthon refuses to accept cookies after a while

Tiny

after about a few minutes of browsing, maxthon refuses to accept cookies entirely. i would be signed off of every account i was signed in on every website, and when i would attempt to relogin on those accounts, i would not be logged in despite entering the correct login information. any site that requires cookies to be accepted would not work.

Tip   Give

• 2 weeks later...

I agree with the original poster as I've experienced the same issue for about two weeks.

I would be signed in to Amazon, for example, switch tabs, then upon returning to the Amazon tab (within a minute), prompted to sign back in. However, Maxthon would refuse to accept my login information stating that I needed to enable cookies. I have "Allow cookies on all sites" enabled.

I've experienced this problem on various websites and it does not matter whether I'm signed in to Maxthon Passport or not. I found that closing and restarting Maxthon would allow me to log in to a website, but the issue would begin again.

The only correlation I can make is switching tabs is somehow logging me out of a website as I can browse for an hour on a website and have no issue, but switching tabs causes problems, for me.

Tip   Give

I performed a clean install on 8/24/2014... had to install Maxthon 2, then Maxthon 3, only then I was able to install Maxthon 4. Same cookie issues began after a minute or so. Again, the only thing that has helped me, so far, is to close the browser and restart it; doesn't work every time, though.

Tip   Give

[[Template forums/front/topics/post is throwing an error. This theme may be out of date. Run the support tool in the AdminCP to restore the default theme.]]
  • 1 month later...

Cookies have been working fine for me, except for Microsoft sites. For some reason I frequently have to login again when accessing xbox.com, onedrive.com or outlook.com and possibly some other ones.

Sometimes the page will also get stuck in a loop trying to connect. Changing to Retro then back to Ultra usually allows the page to load properly, but requires me to login again.

EDIT: following link shows the issue when it gets stuck in a loop: http://1drv.ms/ZAGqhm

Tip   Give

Archived