BUG: Status bar URL text color is hard to see on dark skin...

BUG: Status bar URL text color is hard to see on dark skin, because the text remains black. To fix this, it needs to turn white when using a dark skin. Can this be fixed in next version?

NOTE: To see URL text in the status bar, you need to hover mouse over a link.

image.png

Hi ghost z,

Thank you for your feedback.

I don't think this is really that hard to see. The color remains black but you can still see the URL at the status bar.:L

Anyway, I'll pass your request to our development team for more follow up.

Meanwhile, you can switch to another skin that makes text more visible .

Thanks.

I don't think this is really that hard to see.Depends on how good your eyes are or how hard you want to look at it :p

I'm curious as to why it doesn't use the same code as the tab/address bar, where when the background colour is dark the text is reversed to white? Seems like a relatively simple fix.

In the mean time yes, he can change skins or modify it to suit his needs.

Just had a play with this.

Looks like there is just a few lines that need to be added to one file, which should carry over to newer releases (depending on how much code changes). Will post more later when I have more time.

Been playing around with this, and it's weird. I can get it to work - white text on dark background as shown in the image - when creating a new ui.dat fiile, but it doesn't want to work when added to a packaged skin file with just the changed lines.

Very weird.

post-1279399-14315120474137_thumb.png

• 4 weeks later...

Archived