Status/tool bar position on KitKat

Hi

I am using a Samsung Tab Pro8.4 I found that the Status/tool bar for the browser (4.2.9.2000) has been moved to the top. (see attached screen capture).

I did not find that on the non KitKat phones.

Question: Can this be configured to be at the below of the screen or is this another of one of the KitKat feature that cannot be fixed?

Modified image, ntzphyr

post-42558-14315120438933_thumb.jpg

Which version of Maxthon did you install M4.2.9.2000 over?

Were you perhaps using Maxthon HD?

I have M4.2.9.2000 installed on KK and ICS JB and neither look like that, the status tool bar is on the bottom on both. I'd suggest a clean install(uninstall and reinstall from playstore).

It should look like this, at least mine does

post-7385961-14315120438577_thumb.jpg

It's KK yes, but it is also using Samsung's own TouchWiz UI, so I imagine this is causing your issues. I'm assuming M4.2.8.2000 shows the tool bar on the bottom? You can find M4.2.8.2000 here in the forum and d/load it manually, (least I think)

Other than rooting your machine I can't think of any other way to fix it(nor am I suggesting that it definitely would) Hopefully someone can provide a better solution.

Hi,

I just had to confirm with our android team.

The behavior that the Status/tool bar for the browser (4.2.9.2000) has been moved to the top is normal.

It's the pad UI effect. by design,the Status/tool bar for the browser (4.2.9.2000) are moved to the top on "more than 7 inch pad" . It's different from the effect on 7 inch pads and android phones on which the status bar/tool bar shows on the bottom of the browser.

Thanks.

• 3 weeks later...

Yng_chang replied at 2014-7-24 23:22 back.gif

Hi,

I just deleted and re-installed. same same. By the way, I am using this on a Samsung Tab pr ...

I am having the same issue with the same tablet!!! I have no quick bites or anything. Mty version of Maxthon looks completely different than the one on my phone. What gives?

Archived