Delete listings from "MOST RECENT"

joemax replied at 2014-7-21 17:25 back.gif

Are you referring to the History button? If so, see image

Thanks for your reply but this is what I'm speaking of (see image).

It's on Maxthon's Start Page as> Your Favorites Top Sites Most Recent Last Session

post-14862004-1431512038993_thumb.jpg

This might better illustrate what I'm referring to (see image)

I want to clear these links (along with others not shown due to space)

I clicked on the Recently Visited Pages, and selected clear recent list, but it does not work. The sites are still showing. :(

post-14862004-1431512039877_thumb.jpg

I was afraid that's what you meant.

Unfortunately, no there isn't anyway to delete the items other than visiting other sites more often. This was a problem with the old Now site too. Some of my "Most recents" are literally years old despite clean installs and multiple deletions of cookies, history folders, etc.

I personally don't care but maybe an admin could offer you some help although I wouldn't rely on that, or perhaps another user is more savvy on the matter but I wouldn't hold my breath if I were you.

joemax replied at 2014-7-22 11:26 back.gif

Unfortunately, no there isn't anyway to delete the items other ...

Thanks for the insight. I'll email their hq and see if I can find an answer to this. IMO, Maxthon should make this "fix" a priority since it's in conjunction with ignoring the privacy of any user. If the browsing history can be deleted, why can't the Most Recent?

Thanks again :)

joemax replied at 2014-7-22 11:26 back.gif

Unfortunately, no there isn't anyway to delete the items other ...

Thanks for the insight. I'll email their hq and see if I can find an answer to this. IMO, Maxthon should make this "fix" a priority since it's in conjunction with ignoring the privacy of any user. If the browsing history can be deleted, why can't the Most Recent?

Thanks again :)

It's based on your most used favourites (data lives in your favourites file - favorite.dat). You can check by using the sidebar favourites and clicking the little fire icon. The list there should be the same as what is on the site.

As joemax pointed out for some reason there are some there that are very old for me as well. Either that feature isn't used anymore, but hasn't been disabled, or is just broken.

Only way I can think of removing it, is rebuilding your favourites. Main Menu > Tools > Import/ Export userdata > Export favourites > Export to HTML or folder then import again after you delete your current favourites. Hopefully the usage data will get deleted and start again or not work if the feature has in fact been discontinued.

If you do try that PLEASE make sure you have backups of your favourites!

Kitora replied at 2014-7-23 21:35 back.gif

Thanks for the insight. I'll email their hq and see if I can find an answer to this. IMO, Maxthon ...

It's based on your most used favourites (data lives in your favourites file - favorite.dat). You can check by using the sidebar favourites and clicking the little fire icon. The list there should be the same as what is on the site.

As joemax pointed out for some reason there are some there that are very old for me as well. Either that feature isn't used anymore, but hasn't been disabled, or is just broken.

Only way I can think of removing it, is rebuilding your favourites. Main Menu > Tools > Import/ Export userdata > Export favourites > Export to HTML or folder then import again after you delete your current favourites. Hopefully the usage data will get deleted and start again or not work if the feature has in fact been discontinued.

If you do try that PLEASE make sure you have backups of your favourites!

I can confirm exporting then importing your favourites will remove the listing on i.maxthon.com. Can't say if they will come back though. The fact that the list seems to be made from very old data i'm thinking that it may not return.

7twenty replied at 2014-7-24 03:44 back.gif

I can confirm exporting then importing your favourites will remove the listing on i.maxthon.com. Can ...

Update: I was able to delete the entries in MOST RECENT by clicking on the Favorites (STAR) icon from the sidebar, click on the little fire icon, then right click the url to be removed and select DELETE. For me, it worked.

I also contacted Support and they replied....

"....The issue about Most Recent link you mentioned has confirmed as a bug. It is being fixed by the engineer. Please stay tuned. ....

Thank you all for your assistance. :)

Kitora replied at 2014-7-26 04:06 back.gif

Update: I was able to delete the entries in MOST RECENT by clicking on the Favorites (STAR) icon f ...

Interesting. When I did that it removed the link completely from from my favourites. It wasn't available from the main list at all.

That was the reason I suggested the export/import option.

Archived