Who has my true data??

Hi Maxthon

I have a problem, I don't know why repeated my problem again, whenever there is a final version, uninstall everything to reinstall a program called (Your Uninstaller!), Now I repeated the story is, no shortcuts appear me or display me. Before I had everything organized, now to install the beta version XXXX.2800, I have not the shynote with all my notes were 28 notes, lost some passwords, now I use another laptop which is my mother, but never use it if I am logged in her. But I have not entered 4 months that data laptop my mother are not update.

Now my question is that I do?

. 2 - Who has my true data? The laptop my mother or my pc that I delete the data or cloud maxthon?

. 3 - any solution?

If you could help me or could guide me

I know that everything there´s solution

Any ideas?

:(

It´s working

My favorite bar and the rest not working !

Hello Bro.

At the very beginning I had the same problems as you have wrote.

Soon after, I found that using the "Maxthon Portable version" solved all those issues.

I would warmly recommend to work with the Portable version.

Whenever you want to upgrade to a higher version you just need to copy/move the (old) UserData folder to the new upgraded Maxthon version.

The benefit with this action is obvious, because you always got the previous version as a backup.

Hope it helps!:victory:

Alon C.

Alon C. replied at 2014-7-19 04:23 back.gif

Hello Bro.

At the very beginning I had the same problems as you have wrote.

Thank you for respond

Can you tell please what is the road to take those files ?

Good trick , I will install the new version of maxthon , but i need to know which one is the file

:funk:

ultra7up replied at 2014-7-19 21:53 back.gif

Thank you for respond

Good trick , I wi ...

there are 2 ways of using maxthon :

1) using a passport : your datas are stored both on

_ your computer here : C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\youremail

_ and online.

you can choose which items you want to sync (favs, settings, magic fill, skynotes, etc..).

the cloud "considers" that the latest datas are stored online, next time you log into your account and sync cloud datas will overwrite other datas. Your local user account file will be updated.

as long as a sync option is checked, corresponding items will sync automaticly. If you don't want this to happen, uncheck the sync feature and sync manually when needed (by checking it again)

2 )using a guest account : when you're not connected, your datas are stored on your computer here (guest account)C:\Users\you\AppData\Roaming\Maxthon3\Users\guest and they do not sync online.

You may copy the files from one computer to another to retrieve these datas under guest account on both computers.

you may use the import tool to import the guest datas into your passport (be careful before doing this, choose which data you want to keep, online or guest, you can't have both)

sigmax2.png

ultra7up replied at 2014-7-19 21:53 back.gif

Thank you for respond

Good trick , I wi ...

Hi ultra,

1. Download the Portable version : Windows Mx Portable ver.

2. Extract the compressed file (via WinRaR or 7z) to any folder (e.g. Maxthon_Portable_v4x)

3. Open the 'Bin' folder under 'Maxthon_Portable_v4x' and run 'Maxthon.exe' - follow the instruction.

NOTE: First TRY to skip No.3 above and COPY folder 'UserData' from your old Mx (installed ver) to 'Maxthon_Portable_v4x' and then open the 'Bin' folder under 'Maxthon_Portable_v4x' and run 'Maxthon.exe'.

From now and on, whenever you upgrade to new Portable ver, just copy the 'UserData' folder to the upgraded folder as mention above.

G'Luck ! :victory:

Alon C.

• 2 weeks later...

ultra7up replied at 2014-7-20 21:13 back.gif

in the picture which one is the skynote

thank you for your help

Hi ultra,

Hereby an alternative to SkyNote by using Google Keep extension :

Google Keep

So, Consider using this Google keep extension in case you're working with Google mail / drive .:victory:

ultra7up replied at 2014-7-21 05:13 back.gif

in the picture which one is the skynote

thank you for your help

\UserData\Users\\AppData\{33CA60D6-EADC-4558-9185-2EBE14214AB9}\Res

From what i've figured out that is where the data lives. BUT I believe it's encrypted if you're using a passport account, so you can't just copy between accounts. You should be able to move it between computers using the same passport, but that wouldn't work as the cloud version will be used to update the local version

7twenty replied at 2014-7-30 04:24 back.gif

\UserData\Users\\AppData\{33CA60D6-EADC-4558-9185-2EBE14214AB9}\Res

From what i've ...

i can to move those file between both , and I put the same account !

Can I moved it ?

What it means when you wrote this "but that wouldn't work as the cloud version will be used to update the local version" I need to old version to update my skynote?

thank you for respond !

Archived