Go to parent/Level up

I would love to get the "go to parent" option from Mx 1.

If you don't know what I mean, it was used to move through a website structure:

www.website.com/Pics ----> www.website.com

It has been requested many times, can we have it back now ? :)

Thanks

megosu replied at 2014-7-16 23:44 back.gif

I would love to get the "go to parent" option from Mx 1.

If you don't know what I mean, it was used ...

I was quite excited, but it is not working very well...

first of all, they add a button in the extension bar, which I don't want to have all the time, too much space lost with a side bar.

One of the extension (the grey icon) doesn't do anything.

The extension with a Red Icon seems to be working, but again, I would need to keep the extension side bar always on in order to be convenient.

the last extension has little feedback and is all in chinese... too dodgy for me...

IMO, Maxthon team should consider adding it back, and not rely on 3rd party unreliable plugins.

megosu replied at 2014-7-18 17:45 back.gif

I have updated to 4.4.2.800, re-added the red level up extension, I see it in the side bar (extensi ...

That extension only displays in the Sidebar. The other two both add to the toolbar.

I would like to think that none of them are malicious!

I think the 20kb one has some more code/images for adding some menu options etc. The 4kb is just basic and only does level up on pressing the button hence the difference in size.

7twenty Didn't you get .tony to play around with one of those extensions to make it work on the toolbar? If it was updated, then that would be the reason it now reverted to sidebar only. P

Your right. Original old version was toolbar only in 4.4.2.800 and sidebar only in Mx versions prior to that. I modified it with Tony's help to be a choice of sidebar or toolbar. The new version is Sidebar only (my personal choice). It's not difficult to modify if necessary.

Archived