mouse stays sticky on sliders and photo menu movement?

No idea if this happens in other browsers but definitely not in games or other applications.

When ever I drag a slider or I tested it also by opening a photo from this forum which I could scroll in and out for zooming, nice. But I think with the right mouse button it kept sticking to my movement.

I have the same thing with the sliders now and then which is really annoying because you want to move your mouse to a place you want to click on the page and you notice that it's still locked to the slider thus scrolling the entire page away from where you were.

Mouse: Logitech G700 with latest Logitech gaming software for drivers and settings.

magg replied at 2014-7-16 17:01 back.gif

Try to disable or change Mouse Gesture and Drag&Drop.

These things are probably cause your "problems ...

Does not help. I have been able to reproduce the negative effect on both the sliders and the picture. Well the picture isn't bad for me, though.

When I right click fast on this beztyulu.jpg of yours it sticks to the pictures and drags it around in my screen without holding any mouse buttons.

However when I left click on the slider as should but sometimes I get tired or lose focus I land my finger on the right mouse button and this has the effect that after letting go of both mouse buttons the slider still moves up and down.

!The very downside of this is that I have to click a lot of times to get rid of the effect. I've tested it now for instance on that picture, now I usually never do that but the sliders somehow I get that while browsing and doing stuff.

So... again I left click on the picture to get it out, then right click on the picture I get a menu, I right click to get the menu away and it sticks to my mouse movement without holding.

When I click the picture away, the issue is still in effect! So when I come close to the sliders they already start to move because they are still stuck!

It's not a biggy but now that I'm mentioning all the stuff that occurs to me, I thought to mention that, too for development.

magg replied at 2014-7-16 08:01 back.gif

Try to disable or change Mouse Gesture and Drag&Drop.

These things are probably cause your "problems ...

This has been happening since early in M3, it has also been reported here in the forum. I don't think disabling Mouse gestures and D&D is a solution as both these features are some of what differentiate Maxthon from other browsers.

Nor do I think it is mouse/mouse driver related as it happens with any mouse you use.

This is a way to reproduce the problem

1 Open several different tabs from this forum

2 Switch tab(using mouse gesture or scroll wheel)

3 Click and release the scroll bar

4 move the mouse up or down and the page will follow your movement

It actually acts as a type of scroll lock and remains active until the page or scroll bar is clicked again. It is available across all your tabs until deactivated. When "Active" the scroll bar displays in a darker shade.

post-7385961-1431512027445_thumb.jpg

joemax replied at 2014-7-16 10:22 back.gif

This is a way to reproduce the problem

1 Open several different tabs from this forum

Hi,

Thanks for more details on how to reproduce this bahavior.

Here i tried with both Maxthon and Chrome, when i middle click and release the scroll bar there will appear a Logitech mouse movement direction indicator in both browser, moving the mouse up or down will make the page to follow the movement.

I think that's the way it should behave.

I tested with this page.

post-30503264-14315120275603_thumb.png

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-16 19:19 back.gif

Hi,

Thanks for more details on how to reproduce this bahavior.

Here i tried with both Maxthon and ...

We are not talking about middle click, we are talking about a simple left click on the scroll bar.

Did you try following my step by step method to see if you reproduce the behavior?

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-16 21:49 back.gif

With simple left click, i could not reproduce this phenomena.

I'll keep testing though.

Thats odd, I can reproduce it 100% of the time on any M3/4 version.

Edit: One thing I didn't mention is that the tab needs to have been previously viewed, so scroll through all the tabs using mouse wheel before trying. It doesn't happen the first time you open and view a tab(Just discovered this myself.)

joemax replied at 2014-7-19 07:02 back.gif

Unfortunately I can reproduce this behavior across OS's, M4 versions, accounts and hardware(differen ...

When I see it like that, I have come across that on occasion. But it happens very rarely, and I definitely can't reproduce it at will.

Point to a scroll-bar, hold the left mouse button down and right click. Now, moving the mouse up/down, left/right, scrolls the page. Once selected, the mouse pointer can be moved a little way away from the scroll-bar and it still works.

Not sure if that's what you're talking about, but I find it a really useful feature, especially for horizontal scrolling, that's only available on Maxthon.:)

To exit, left click on the scroll-bar.

joemax replied at 2014-7-17 20:41 back.gif

Thats odd, I can reproduce it 100% of the time on any M3/4 version.

Edit: One thing I didn't ment ...

I'm having it a lot, just now also with Flickr. For example trying to place a header photo and it keeps being sticky.

So to position it you need just try to save the position button but you need to click off somewhere safe so the picture will not move anymore with your sticky mouse and then save the picture.

Stuff like that.

Archived