Flash player anomaly

I have seen a problem with Flash player for many versions. Currently I'm running 4.4.2.900.

: When I try to watch the video streams on ewtn.com or episodes on cbs.com or abc.com in Ultra mode the video window starts with a black field and then turns to a white field with a "FLASH" button in it like what happens with the ClickToFlash extension in other browsers. It's necessary to click the white screen to enable the Flash player.

However in Trident mode the Flash videos load and play directly with no muss or fuss.

problem>

My question is, why does this happen? BTW, this does not happen with Safari.

I have the most current version installed on Win7 and have Win7 set to automatically update and I have deleted the Maxthon Flash player plugin. Shockwave player is not installed on this computer; it's not part of the image used to configure the computer.

I'm interesting in understanding why this happens. It may or may not be a bug in Ultra mode. If so, it's not critical because there is an immediate workaround.

>

Hello SnowLeopard,

Glad to talk to you.

Here we tried on three different machines with win7 but we could not reproduce the issue you mentioned. On ewtn.com , videos stream directly without any black screen ...

I'm running flash version 14.0.0.145xxx .

You may make sure you are not running any extension that might be causing this to happen.

Also a clean install of the browser may be needed.

Any we'll keep testing with other videos to see if we can reproduce this issue.

Thanks for your support.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-13 18:38 back.gif

Hello SnowLeopard,

Glad to talk to you.

Thanks for the hints. I'll do more testing, extensions first. The black screen I mentioned s or sseems to be just the normal set yp to display the video. It's the white screen that follows that is abnormal, but only in Ultra.

Will let you know the results.

>

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-13 18:38 back.gif

Hello SnowLeopard,

Glad to talk to you.

I resolved the problem by disabling extensions, then resstored the default extensions and then otherss one by one. I ended up tossing out seversl DFl related exxtensions that I had'n't ben using. NoAds, ViolentMonkey, and YouTube Center all survived the test.

Now the whitee screen doesn't appear on any of the site I listed.

Thanks for the reminder setting on the cleanup path.

>

Archived