Any news on old issue?

Atavus

This is my first post here, so I do not even know if this is the appropriate section to post this issue.

I have been a user of Maxthon for a very long time and I prefer it over every other browser. I have even recommended it to pretty much everyone I know that uses a browser.

However, there is 1 issue that makes me want to pull my hair out!! And I hope that the developers of Maxthon are able to do something about it, namely FAVORITES.

FAVORITES

1. Favorites listing is ok for the most part. But trying to drag/drop or move bookmarks is BUGGY and can be a real pain and an exercise in frustration. Sometimes, I try to move a bookmark, the favorites list closes and the bookmark disappears entirely. It is not misplaced and does not go into another folder, it gets deleted. I have lost many bookmarks to this bug.

2. Favorites manager makes moving things around a lit less buggy, but the problem is that most bookmarks refuse to budge. I try to move a bookmark but I cannot get that blasted "black line" for placement, however hard I try. I can spend hours trying to just move this 1 bookmark higher in a list, and I just cannot get it to move. This system really needs to change.

This issue has been the bane of my life for a while and I really hope it gets fixed and the Favorites management system is overhauled.

PS: I am using the latest stable version 4.1.3.5000

Best Regards

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I updated my Maxthon to v4.3.0.1000 to test. While there has been some improvements, the Favorites Manager issue is still there. I will explain a bit more about what I am referring to.

(1) The normal "Favorites List" is improved. I can feel the drag/drop of bookmarks is now better and more responsive. So far, I've NOT encountered the "bookmark deletion" bug in this version, which is great!

Example:

http://imgur.com/a/BhSE9#2

(2) The "Favorite Manager" on the other hand seems to be the same, with the same issues. When I try to drag/drop a bookmark, I often have a hard time moving it, since I do not always get that "black line" for relocation.

Example:

http://imgur.com/a/BhSE9#1

This is the relocation "black line" I am referring to. Sometimes it simply will not appear at all when I am dragging a bookmark, however precise I try to be.

http://imgur.com/a/BhSE9#0

Atavus replied at 2014-2-23 14:23 back.gif

Hi and thank you for the reply.

I updated my Maxthon to v4.3.0.1000 to test. While there has been s ...

Have been playing around and have found that when using the Favorites Manager, you have to move the link very slowly for the black insertion line to appear. If moving too fast, you just may not see it. Try slowing the move down a little bit and see if that helps.

post3dmg4_zps398d3651.jpgWindows 10 64-bit build 10525/Windows 10 Mobile build 10512

No.1MaxthonFan replied at 2014-2-23 11:44 back.gif

Have been playing around and have found that when using the Favorites Manager, you have to move th ...

Yea I have. I try to be slow and precise as I mentioned.

That works if you are dragging a bookmark a small distance, but it seems that the longer the distance the more difficult it becomes to get that insertion line, well at least for me.

I hope they fix the insertion line like this did in the normal fav list.

Hello guys,

Thank you very much for your time and effort in explaining this issue.

I tried to test to see what is going on and found out the same phenomena. It's hard to make the insertion line display when moving a link , sometime the black insertion line appears, sometimes it doesn't appear at all :(

I'll forward this issue to our developers for more follow up.

Thanks again guys for your attention and support.

• 4 months later...

I posted this about 5 months ago, and I was wondering if this issue will be resolved at some point soon? It is still there with the latest stable release v4.4.1.2000.

http://forum.maxthon.com/forum.php?mod=viewthread&tid=8517&page=1#pid46803

It is a serious issue for me, since favorites are a large part of my internet experience and I do not wish to change to something else, as I've been using Maxthon for more than 10 years.

Any feedback is welcome.

I had it lose a fav once or twice I think. But I generally don't have too many issues with it.

It seems the zones that dictate when the black bar show are quite precise, only about 2-3 pixels. They just need to make them wider.

This is how it seems to me. Red section is how it is now for the black bars to show. Orange shows roughly what they should expand to which would make it easier. Not sure how hard it is to change.

post-1279399-14315120216093_thumb.png

Thnx guys,

@ joemax: increasing the zoom is unreliable (especially on a laptop with smaller screen size) and makes moving across large lists painful.

@ 7twenty: I am not losing bookmarks, I just cannot drag bookmarks for repositioning most of the time, especially for long lists. Your solution is fine by me if it works :p In fact I am so annoyed and desperate, I would be glad to change some code for a quick fix if would tell me how, where and what :p

Archived