downloader menu stays in background

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-14 09:19 back.gif

Hi MikotoLuv,

Glad to talk to you.

Thanks for bringing this issue up.

For a second there, I thought it was going to work but in the end all the opened downloader menus stayed in the background waiting for me to do something like open or save.

I've had the ad hunter off for a while now, none of my issues have been solved yet. I've tested this one with Shoutcast.com downloading a playlist, touching the main webpage to browse to another radio station without closing the downloader menu and it remains in the background when I click a new radiostation with another question what to do with the playlist file, open or save.

MikotoLuv replied at 2014-7-14 04:17 back.gif

For a second there, I thought it was going to work but in the end all the opened downloader menus ...

Maybe you could try disabling some of your extensions to see if it works.

Also toggling GPU acceleration in Maxthon advanced settings may be helpful.

Disabling add hunter did not help, nor did disabling GPU acc.

It happens all of the time, only the first time it pops up.

Say you want to listen to a radio station you open one and you download the playlist, then you don't like the music, you click on the page to look for another and download the playlist from that station but the menu does not pop up again.

It will stay in the background which is annoying for me, especially when I download a lot of stuff after another.

Because now it costs me mousemovement going to the downloader menu and another extra click to open or save. I just work very fast on my computer and mouse movements :)

Thnx

post-30008222-14315120272577_thumb.jpg

Disabling add hunter did not help, nor did disabling GPU acc.They wouldn't as it's not related to them. It would be the way the downloader is coded to display when it called.l

That said, I tried clicking about 10 of the download links on shoutcast and every single time I got the "download file" window popup. Not once did it not show. Even after I downloaded a few, then tried some more, once again every single time the download file window got focus.

Don't really know what to say. Once again, try the portable version/logout from passport and see if it happens with that as well.

7twenty replied at 2014-7-16 15:35 back.gif

They wouldn't as it's not related to them. It would be the way the downloader is coded to display wh ...

So you are sure you opened or saved them. Damn another issue... do you have your tabs maybe in open in new tab or something. I don't have that tagged because I really don't like it.

7twenty replied at 2014-7-16 15:35 back.gif

They wouldn't as it's not related to them. It would be the way the downloader is coded to display wh ...

Logging out did not work, I opened 4 times and 4 opened menus were in the background.

Are you sure your menu was open in the background? The menu has to stay open like another window tabbed behind your browser. Or did you manage to keep it always stay on top??

MikotoLuv replied at 2014-7-16 07:33 back.gif

Logging out did not work, I opened 4 times and 4 opened menus were in the background.

Are you sur ...

Hi,

I don't really know what to say now. your problem seems to be caused by something we can not identify now.

I suggest you you run a clean install of the latest beta version http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-11946-1-1.html to see if everything works fine.

Thanks.

It's just how the browser is coded overall. Like someone else said, it opens everytime you click on a download and want to save it.

Unless they Coders/Administrators issue a fix or an update that either disables this function or removes it to just have the percentage in the top right corner, then there is really no fix.

Archived