Picture colors not the same in browser! (fixed by setting my color profile win7)

When I post pictures and I watch them in Maxthon and compare them in my own picture viewer and other browsers it's a huge difference. It's like Maxthon tries to compress the colors even more resulting in heavy banding.

I was shocked to see it and asked some ppl in Firefox and checked it myself in IE but there was no change.

Is this a known issue? Or can you try to fix it? TY!

Aww, too bad. I already had typed out some stuff that I wanted to ask personally but now I see that I'm restricted and a long way from becoming the next step in the ladder to PM.

It's this photo I want to show but it is really personal to show, but the right example at the moment that shows it really clear. I'm afraid that with my CGI playing in photoshop that when I search pictures online this could have a really bad impact.

I reinstalled Windows 7 a week ago or so and I do not yet have calibrated color profiles, I've switched from the standard one to my monitor one but that did not change anything. I've set the core in retro and restarted the browser but no results. I still have the banding, it looks horrible! I wish I could send you the private photo which shows the gradient all messed up like you could get from looking at something in 32bit and change it into 8bit.

(the picture could be edited in 16bit and saved into a JPG, no idea yet if some of the quality remains better because the 8bit can be quite ugly at gradients if you compare it to higher bitrate. That's why I wanted to show you my own photo. The subject is just very personal)

I'm frustrated, I can't seem post anywhere and my browser has gone terribly slow. Probably because I clicked on some link to upgrade to beta but itwas an older version so I broke it off. I cant even type proper bahhhhh ;alkdjf;alskjf;lsajf

If I try to click on the link to seee why I cant post or reply it doesnt show me anything. I'm looking also to fix this crappy problem of youtube commenting but I'll wait a bit before opening a new thread, gonna restart maxthon now this sucks

Made a screenshot of both browsers open, with a gradient made in photoshop.

Left side is Maxthon with the banding and right side is IE11 with smoother gradient course.

(Is it normal that my browser typing field lags so much when I try to write in the forum?)

post-30008222-14315120095468_thumb.jpg

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-7 11:15 back.gif

Hi,

Would you upload the picture here for us to test?

What version of Maxthon are you using?

Thank you for getting back at me. They are offline and online photos and it is consistent. I'm getting close to being able to PM with my mana. I need some more posts.

I have been using the latest version, the beta version, turned on and off core stuff, played with color profiles, had windows completely newly installed V7 ultimate edition, I haven't done any Spyder Pro 4 calibrating, frankly it has nothing to do with it imo.

I'm on Asus P8Z68GEN3/deluxe with 16GB Corsair dominator, i5, GTX770, etc on BenQ XL2420T. On all the latest drivers and firmware on 210Mbit/21Mbit Internet connection, hope that covers the hardware info. I'll check how much mana I need for PM to link my photos

• 3 weeks later...

Sorry for the trouble, I fixed this by swapping several color profiles in Windows. Since it was said that Maxthon was not using colorprofiles I messed around with it but it is still managed through the monitor/windows.

I took the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for now

Archived