Extensions on the toolbar returns??

7twenty

From the most recent beta we get "* Optimized Toolbar. You can add plug-in toolbar ICONS" as one of the updates.

So why is ICONS in capitals, does it mean anything or just a typo? Or does it mean that you can only add extensions that display as cons only. Anything that creates a panel or page won't work?

Which leads me to my issue.

This extension Favorites on Toolbar no longer works. I used to have it added manually replacing one of the default ones, since the toolbar addons were dropped in MX4. Since 4.4.2.800 the button remains but the panel no longer works.

Although since the update it can now be added directly by installing the regular way, except that it doesn't work.

Any explanations?

Forgot to add, if I was a new user and go to add an extension only to find out it doesn't work properly... I'd be questioning why it's still available for download. Or at least why i'm not told that there might be a version issue?

The extension mentioned above for example:

MX3 - adds to toolbar, works as intended

MX4 - installs, but adds to sidebar which makes it pointless.

MX4.4.2.800 - installs, adds to the toolbar as intended but doesn't work.

Surely a version revision to the extension platform should have been made to ensure that the different versions don't conflict with each other? 1.0.6 for MX3, 1.0.7 for MX4, 1.0.8 for MX4 latest? At least then the developer could choose which MX versions they want to support, and any features that might not work won't be affected as the extension won't be allowed to install?

7twenty replied at 2014-7-6 03:42 back.gif

Forgot to add, if I was a new user and go to add an extension only to find out it doesn't work prope ...

thats far too logical and that does not seem to be something that happens - logic that is - it will stagger from whatever to whatever and may get fixed - but then again

you could post similar about skins - the skin centre still exists but nothing can be downloaded from it - there has been a note somewhere that it will be updated for MX4 soon - hell we will hace 5 6 and 7 before that happens

and you missed posting the link of the extension you sighted

Tony     -  Vivaldi 4 on Windows 10 64Bit

• 2 weeks later...

Surely a version revision to the extension platform should have been made to ensure that the different versions don't conflict with each other? 1.0.6 for MX3, 1.0.7 for MX4, 1.0.8 for MX4 latest? At least then the developer could choose which MX versions they want to support, and any features that might not work won't be affected as the extension won't be allowed to install.

Archived