Can't fix YT comments, photos look less good in Maxth. (fixed by colorprofile)

...in a desperate last attempt I have downloaded this new beta and the tabs page looks very unhandy, why would any of the tabs be much larger than the rest, makes no sense. All my tabs are as important as the others, no wallpaper either but that will probably come.

I cannot comment on Youtube and I've tried many things from changing IE settings, to installing beta browser, to deleting cookies, disabling automatic cleanup, reading forum and I'm angry.

Besides the fr... fact that I cannot even reply to those posts and when I click the link why I can't reply to those posts it won't even show me that.

Now my F browser is so lagging, I can hardly type in it.

My photos look -crappy- in Maxthon it's like the picture viewer compresses the photos even more and shows banding in the gradient of colors, with other browsers I don't have that.

I've been clicking on color profiles crap, trying everything and I'm TIRED and frustrated.

Have been using Maxthon a few years now but I can't do this anymore. I need some answers plz...

I'm about to give up on Maxthon, last try really

...in a desperate last attempt I have downloaded this new beta and the tabs page looks very unhandy, why would any of the tabs be much larger than the rest, makes no sense. All my tabs are as important as the others, no wallpaper either but that will probably come

Why is it that whenever a new feature is introduced someone will undoubtedly complain about its options or lack of options. The new app tiles are an option, nothing more, use them or don't.

My photos look fine in Maxthon, no idea what bands you're seeing or why and you don't offer any examples so we can't even determine for ourselves.

Laggy? Sorry can't confirm. I always have at least a couple versions of M4 running and I don't experience any lag.

If you have lag when trying to comment on Youtube in retro, that I can confirm. There is a problem commenting on youtube in ultra mode too, but I don't know what is causing the issue.

joemax replied at 2014-7-1 18:53 back.gif

Why is it that whenever a new feature is introduced someone will undoubtedly complain about its opt ...

I switched back to the non-beta because it did not help. I tried to contact an admin about my photos because it's a personal photo, can't share that publicly. It clearly shows a huge difference in quality, double checked it dozens of times now.

I went back to IE11 for now but I miss the tabs and have to redo all my passwords etc

I didn't see any option to throw away those huge tabs either in the beta. I kept clicking the wrong tabs because I didn't see the pictures well enough on them. It's like these stupid 2D stuff from Apple is influencing everything.

I don't have enough mana yet to PM someone and what I meant in the forum is that there are threads about this Youtube stuff where the cursor stays a friggin hand, so when I click on a comment area it wants to open a new screen then quickly closes it and nothing happened.

I've tried the google forum, read dozens of threads and others seem to have it too but I just can't fix it for a long time now and it has become a serious issue, when I try to ask questions on those Maxthon forums it says that I cannot post there and gives me a link as reason that I can click on, oh wait... I can't click on the link, it doesn't open anything. nm I guess I give up for now, I need to PM an admin and show the terrible banding in my photo so they can try to fix it but I cannot PM

Hi,

Really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

What version of Maxthon are you using?

Did you try the latest beta version http://forum.maxthon.com/thread-11946-1-1.html ?

For youtube issue, here we tried to test bu we can comment without any problem.

Please try to log out your Maxthon account to see if the problem is not related to your settings.

For the photo issue, are they local photos or online photos?

A link would be helpful for us to test.

Thanks.

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-7 10:23 back.gif

Hi,

Really sorry for the inconvenience brought to you.

What version of Maxthon are you using?

Thank you for getting back at me. They are offline and online photos and it is consistent. I'm getting close to being able to PM with my mana. I need some more posts.

I have been using the latest version, the beta version, turned on and off core stuff, played with color profiles, had windows completely newly installed V7 ultimate edition, I haven't done any Spyder Pro 4 calibrating, frankly it has nothing to do with it imo.

I'm on Asus P8Z68GEN3/deluxe with 16GB Corsair dominator, i5, GTX770, etc on BenQ XL2420T. On all the latest drivers and firmware on 210Mbit/21Mbit Internet connection, hope that covers the hardware info. I'll check how much mana I need for PM to link my photos

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-7 18:56 back.gif

Hi,

Thank you for the images link.

I really don't see any differences between the three images in th ...

He has a very discriminatory eye, I've circled the areas he is referring to in the image. At first I totally missed that they were even indicated.

post-7385961-14315120150127_thumb.jpg

joemax replied at 2014-7-8 13:23 back.gif

He has a very discriminatory eye, I've circled the areas he is referring to in the image. At first ...

Thank you for eleborating. Of course it happens on every level but the less information an area has the worse it gets. That is why you see this typically in gradient areas that have a lot of colors only from the same color. It really shouldn't be that hard to see, only I cannot post the pictures of my models.

When you look at their legs, even green and weird colors and banding because (my) Maxthon cannot cope with the gradients flow from one color to another when it comes to a very smooth transition.

In compressed pics as you all know, the digital information tells us how many times a color is in a picture and what kind of color.

To me, Maxthon is trying to either redo this compression or with two Windows installs I'm having the same problem.

(I love the control click pictures save though)

New codecs did not help. If I could only post my latest pictures you'd see how horrible it is. Missing so much information, not like this banding I'm showing you here. This is one of my older pictures with another camera.

The stuff I'm looking at... it's just really -ugly- maybe I can crop a part out of it but I'm really busy too.

Mmmm that is odd, I have been browsing with IE lately because of issues with Maxthon. Because IE throws out the damn tabs all the time I've set the history not to delete on exit. Not sure if that was part of the problem but I was able to comment in Maxthon for the first time in Youtube.

MikotoLuv replied at 2014-7-9 07:41 back.gif

and the URL from that picture, as you can see Maxthon cannot translate any of the darker areas and p ...

MX

28jeetl.jpg

IE

w7j57p.jpg

As far as I can tell they're the same. Definitely not the difference shown in your images. EDIT: it looks a lot worse in the thumbnail images and viewed via the forum. Using my graphics program and flipping between the images there is nowhere near that level of difference.

Try extracting the portable version of Maxthon and DON'T use a passport sign in. See if anything changes. If not then it's more than likely system related.

Try disabling any colour profiles running as you mentioned playing with them earlier.

7twenty replied at 2014-7-9 00:38 back.gif

MX

No this does not happen when you download a picture, of course. But you should definitely see a huge difference in that black area down at the floor, the ceiling etc.

Maybe try a temporary different setting in your monitor, black equalizer if you have or just brightness and contrast.

Once captured like the two uploaded pictures, the difference stays! It's consistend when viewing it in multiple browsers or any pictureviewer for that matter (I use ACDSee btw)

See if you want to do that or leave it like this, I just can't figure it out. I'm constantly switching between browsers now to look things up. Having to fill in and reset my passwords constantly :\

I've logged in and out, switched between the only 2 color profiles I have the standard sRGB and my monitors color profile and turned them all off while being logged off. There was no difference :\

The only time I see difference anyway is when I use my Spider Pro 4 to calibrate my monitor for photo prints.

(edit: I just also tried to update DirectX from 8 - 11 but did not change anything)

Thanks so far, for staying with me.

I've tried most of the settings now, turned on/off proxy, switched again between retro and ultra (how do I see what mode I'm running), changed encodings, GPU rending on/off, ctrl-click to save pictures on/off, prob a few others things. None of them helped...

• 2 weeks later...

Sorry for the trouble, I fixed this by swapping several color profiles in Windows. Since it was said that Maxthon was not using colorprofiles I messed around with it but it is still managed through the monitor/windows.

I took the sRGB IEC61966-2.1 for now

Archived