Flash Player non-start / re-start ??

Currently I'm running 4.4.2.600, but this probloem is not limited to that version for me.

When I play a Flash video on ewtn.com (streaming), or YouTube or ABC.com or cbs.com, the video will do one of two things:

1. Start playing, thtm stop, and present the white screen with the button. If I click th ebutton it plays normally; or

2. The video immediately does not play but presents the white screen and button. Play goes normally if the button is cliked.

I remember from a long time ago that this didn't used to happen.

While there is an obvious work around, I'd like to seee the Flash extension called properly from the first click on the video. On YouTube, if I don't specify Flash player (or now Agressive Flash) in YouTube Center, I'lll get HTML5 almost allways.

So, I have two questions:

1. Is this something others observe?

2: If not, do you have any ideas what might be upsetting the Flassh call on my Win7?

PS: I am running with default Maxthon settings in Options.

>

Ever since installing YT centre i've had no issues with flash. Seems to always work first go.

I think Google & HTML5 is the issue here, rather than Maxthon. They seem to be pushing HTML5 and that is causing grief in some scenarios.

I'm currently on the latest version of MX and using the default UA (unchecked).

7twenty replied at 2014-6-29 18:44 back.gif

Ever since installing YT centre i've had no issues with flash. Seems to always work first go.

I thi ...

the problem is that YouTube Center only works on YouTube. And the switch between HTML5 to Flash does provide a possible explanation. But that doesn't work for Hulu, ABC, CBS, or EWTN website videos.

It would be nice is we had an "HTML5 Everywhere" extension ... dreaming, I know.

>

SnowLeopard replied at 2014-6-30 03:02 back.gif

the problem is that YouTube Center only works on YouTube. And the switch between HTML5 to Flash d ...

I just tried cbs and didn't have any kind of difficulty. Adhunter was enabled but the vid ad played anyway, but that's it. You always seem to have problems others don't.

ntzphyr replied at 2014-6-30 09:40 back.gif

I just tried cbs and didn't have any kind of difficulty. Adhunter was enabled but the vid ad playe ...

here I have some troubles on EWTN

video loads forever and there's also a frame issue in ultra

but it works fine either after a refresh or after I disabled adhunter (don't know which one is true, and maybe both lol...)

in retro i get a dark emtpy page...

sigmax2.png

Hi again,

Here we have been testing but we couldn't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.

cbs,com video don't stream because of the territory.

Youtube and ewtn.com videos play smoothly without presenting any white screen or lagging as you explained.

With ad-hunter on, there is no frame issue mentioned by odyssee.

Anyway, we'll keep testing to see if we can reproduce any of the mentioned issues.

Thanks for your support!

BugSir007 replied at 2014-7-2 18:48 back.gif

Hi again,

Here we have been testing but we couldn't reproduce any of the mentioned issues.

cbs,com v ...

I think I have identified the problem, an extension was interferring with normal Flash start. It's one of three that I disabled because I ddon't really use them, NoAds, Player, or YouTube. I haven't had time (got to work few hiurs) to narrow the field to the one culprit (maybe more than one.) My suspicionns lean toward NoAds or html5Player. I didn'findd that NoAds no longer exists on the Skin site ... don't know what that means.

I'll update this after checking Flash performance on EWTN.com and cbs.com ... they're my common sites for testing the problem.

FOLLOW-UP - culprit found.] The culprit seems to be the HTML%Player extension. This makes sense if it make Mx4 start with the html5 player and discovers the feed is Flash. Thus it presents the Flash white screen for you to enable Flash playback. It's the same screen as the Flash Block extension presents when a Flash video turns up.

Given this result, the devs could stop or refocus their testing once I identify the culprit(s).

>

Archived